THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

It's the Big Day!!!

So it's Superbowl Sunday!!!!

I'm just waiting for Josh to get home from work and for the game to start!!! I'm feeling pretty nervous... But Deep down inside I know the Steelers are going to pull it out!!! I'll have a post tomorrow to show everyone our game night. We are just going to chill at home and watch the game. Just Josh and I. We kind of decided that at home we can be as loud as we want to and scream profanities if we need to!!!! And also jump around like idiots when our boys win!!! So I'm going to start dinner here in an hour or so, and get everything ready so Josh can come home and just have a seat and enjoy the game!

Things in the city are getting back to normal finally after the big ice storm. Still 1000's of people without electricity. My parents still are without, but when I stopped by to pick up some clothes they weren't home so I'm sure they are keeping warm somewhere. My morning has been full of laundry. Our dryer went out a couple of weeks ago, so we were pretty behind. I went to my parents last weekend to do some but got a total of like 2 loads done. Why are dryers so freaking slow? You would think by now with all the technology we have our dryers could be just as quick as washers. Oh well, it is now finished, but still in my car. I think I may have overdone the lifting and stuff getting the baskets to the car, out of the car and back into the car. Plus while everything is melting, there are still slick spots from the snow and ice and our front yard would be one of those. So my wonderful husband told me not to get them out of the car, and that he would actually help me put everything away when he got home!!! I don't think it will happen when he gets home, but maybe after the game if all goes well!!!

Today was the first day I actually ventured out on my own since last Monday, and really the first time I had been out at all since Wednesday. So it was nice to get some fresh air and out of the house for a bit. Plus laudromats are always fun to people watch at. So many interesting characters!!! I took a book to read, but I read maybe one page, to hard to concentrate. plus the place was packed. I guess due to people not having electricity.

Our county is still awaiting a decision if we return to school tomorrow. Last I heard is there are about 13 schools still with no electricity, lots of power lines still down which pose a threat to children of course, and lots of families not at their houses due to no electricity and no way to get them to the school if they can't catch the bus. The board is meeting with the city around 4, so I will know soon enough if we are back to work or not. Honestly, I know it sounds horrible, but I could use another day!!!! Maybe try to get through the day or at least until 4 before I take a nap!

University of Louisville is still going strong!!! They are currently ranked 7th, and beat Syracuse (they were ranked somewhere close to us, don't remember if it was above or below us) Monday, and last night they beat West Virgina. That makes 9 straight wins!!! Tomorrow is another HUGE game. We play UCONN, expected to be #1. They are currently #3, but Duke lost as did Wake Forest this week. It will be another great game for sure whatever the outcome!!!

Well I guess that's it. Have a great Sunday and GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Huskies are poop!

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

Have fun watching the game with your husband!! =) I hope you get tomorrow off of work too! hehe.