THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 14, 2009

Nice, Lazy Weekend

Just thought I would give an update on our weekend. We had lots to do, but actually ended up not doing much of anything but hang out at home. It was very nice. Saturday there was a twin sale in town which I really wanted to go to. It started at 10, so I wanted to get there at 10 because I figured if we didn't get there at the start all the good stuff would be gone. Well we got up and fed the girls about 7 and just ended up sitting around. Before I knew it it was 9, and we hadn't gotten ready at all. So we decided to pass on the sale and head to Tyler and Rachel (my nephew and niece's) cross country meet which started 12. Yeah, we didn't make that either. Which I'm pretty upset with myself about, because both of them had wonderful races. Tyler came in 9th out of 229 runners! First time he came in the top 10 and I wasn't there to celebrate with him. But I am so very proud of him and told him he will just have to do again next time I'm there.

We did head out Saturday evening to go grocery shopping. We went to Walmart cause we had some other things to get as well. It wasn't to bad. Only one lady actually tried to touch the one of the girls and Josh did a good job just happening to move the cart as she was going in!! Sunday Josh had to work and so the girls and I just hung out. They are in some phase right now where they don't like to nap. They will fall asleep for a couple minutes and then wake up. Poor babies... I can tell how sleepy they are. Their little eyes are red but they just don't like to be asleep. It must be that their momma lives such an exciting life and they don't want to miss any part of it... HAHAHAHAH... That's me being sarcastic! But they are sleeping through the night. They are both going at least 6 hours. We have been getting them into bed about 11 and they don't wake up until at earliest 5:30... Well I guess I should go ahead and knock on wood now or else they will be up tonight!! It's nice to have them sleeping through the night though. If there is one thing Josh and I have learned about each other and ourselves from these babies so far is that I AM AN EVIL PERSON WHEN I DON'T GET MY SLEEP!!! I mean I knew I liked sleep, but didn't think it was that big of a deal for me. But waking up with the girls I was just so mean to Josh. So we are glad that that is done for now!!

The girls are starting to smile now. They don't do it a whole lot, but every once in a while I'll get a big smile when I'm talking and playing with them. I love it!!! I LOVE MY GIRLS!!!!

Here of course are some pictures:


Giving their doll babies kisses



They love their baby dolls



Morning Stretches



They love sleeping close to one another



Kealie trying to taste some sweet tea!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That sounds like a pretty good weekend to me! I did the same thing on Sunday...nothing! I love the picture of the girls sleeping next to each other, but I see what you mean about it being time to start trying the crib. Looks like the playpen in getting a bit small for both of them.

Sara said...

They are too cute! That is great that they are sleeping through the night. Isn't it nice?? A good night's sleep does wonders!