THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Writer's Workshop

OK, so my sister Jen does this Writer's Workshop that one of her blogger friends gives prompts for other's to write about. Go to Jen's blog http://yoursnmineisours.blogspot.com to find the link for Mama Kat's blog if you are interested cause I'm not really sure how to do links...

Anyway, I am choosing to write the same prompt as Jen chose
Prompt #5.
Transcribe a recent entertaining conversation you recently had with someone.



Tonight when Josh got home from work I was finishing up the dishes. He got the girls out of their crib and had them laying in the bed with him. When I finished up I went in and sat on the bed with them...

Me: I can't believe how big they are already getting. It's just crazy cause I want them to start doing more, but I just want them to stay little forever...

Josh: Yeah, I know.. I can't believe they will be two months on Tuesday.

Me: No they won't, they will be 2 months a week from Tuesday

Josh: NO... you told the lady at Walmart last night that they would be 2 months on Tuesday.

Me: No honey, they will be 8 weeks this Tuesday.

Josh: Exactly, 8 weeks is the same as two months.

Me: Josh, they are not going to be 2 months, it's only the 15th.

Josh: But they are 8 weeks, and 8 weeks is the same as two months

Me: Are you serious? A month is not exactly 4 weeks, it can be 4 and 1/2 weeks. If they were exactly 4 weeks, then there would only be 28 days in every month...

Josh: (Laughing Hysterically)

Me: (Thinking he is laughing cause he's realized how he has made a mistake) What are you laughing about? Because you're stupid...

Josh: (Still laughing hysterically) You said a month is 4 and 1/2 weeks... that's ridiculous

Me: (Starting to laugh hysterically as well) Josh, are you kidding me? Are you really still laughing at me? (In tears laughing so hard) There are 30 or 31 days in each month except February, that's over 4 weeks...

Josh: You are being ridiculous... A month is not 4 and 1/2 weeks. I am going to have a cigarette...

Me: (Still laughing uncontrollably and trying to figure out if he is serious or just goofing around) While you are out there, I really want you to think about what you are saying, and realize that what you are saying is impossible... If a month were 4 weeks every date of each month would fall on the same day of the week every month...

Josh: (Walks out of the room and is still laughing and saying under his breath "4 and 1/2 weeks, what the hell...")

Me: (To Jozie and Kealie) Girls, Your father is stupid... I'm so sorry


I don't know, it was just one of those conversations that I have continued to laugh about since it happened at like 5:30 this evening and it is now 10. I don't know how funny it will be to read it, but if you know Josh and I personally you can imagine us going back and forth...

2 comments:

Sara said...

I have actually had this exact same conversation with my hubby. Too funny!

Jen said...

So did he ever realize you were right? Or is this just another so-called "Lega" thing?