THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 4, 2009

Already September...


I can't believe that it is ALREADY September... Time just seems to fly by these days. It seems like only yesterday it was December 15th and I was getting the phone call from the doctor's office saying that yes, indeed, I was pregnant. And now my baby girls are 6 weeks and 3 days old. I know I just keep saying it but, I can't believe how fast these 6 weeks have gone by.

We've been really just hanging out at home. The girls are up a lot during the day now! Everyday they seem to be more and more alert and aware of their surroundings. I was talking to Josh on the phone the other day and I put it on speaker phone. When Jozie heard it, she started looking around, like where is he... Where is my daddy???? It was very cute. Kealie is very "talkative" with her arms. When I hold her she will just look at me and move her arms around for minutes at a time like she is telling me a story.
They are also sleeping so much better at night. This Sunday night, Jozie slept for 6 hours straight... Problem was she fell asleep at 9 and woke up at 3 in the morning!!! But hey it's 6 hours, and guess what, I didn't get any sleep anyway. I was waiting for her to wake up and eat, and she never did, so even though I laid down on the couch to get some sleep while I was waiting, I think I got up about every 15 minutes to check on her!!! The next night Kealie went for 5 and 1/2 to 6 hours straight. Again, just a bit worried, but it was nice to know they could make it longer... Now just to get them to sleep the same night for that long. Well on Tuesday night we got them to bed around midnight, and they woke up at 5:30. Hey it was very nice. I can live with 5 and 1/2 hours of sleep!!!!

I was supposed to go to the doctors Wednesday for my post-partum appointment but had to reschedule it for next week, so we went and hung out with AJ, or Aunt Jen. It was a good day, just to get out of the house for a while and hang out with an adult!!! Josh was off Thursday, so we the four of us hung out together all day. It was a very nice day. I love when daddy gets to be home with us and we just get to have a day where we just hang out all together.

So my maternity leave was officially over on the second, meaning I should have gone back to work on Thursday... I can't even imagine already leaving them to go back to work. My plan was to be off until November, but with them being a month early, we had decided that going back in October would have to do. I have lots of sick days saved up so I was thinking I would get paid to be out, but then when I talked to the district they said I could use my sick days for my maternity leave only and then have to take a leave of absence through FMLA without pay. This was right after the girls were born. Josh and I decided that it would be doable if we really stuck to a budget and were careful with spending and stuff. Heck, like I said there was no way I could have left them and gone back to work this week. So I filled out the papers to have my LOA from September 2nd through October 2nd. Got them filled out by doctor's office and turned them in. I got a paper in the mail saying that the month was given to me and that it would be unpaid. Well, yesterday I recieved a phone call from the board saying that the doctor had said I was to be off until October 2nd, so I could use my sick days if I wanted to... I was so happy, that means that now I get the extra month off, but also get paid, which while we knew we could do without, it makes everything much easier now and we won't have to worry about any money. The only thing about that is if I would have known that at the time I filled out the papers, I could have put through October as well and used sick days. But it's ok, the way I'm looking at it is I had said I would go back in November, and with the girls coming a month early, I am still getting to stay home with them for as long as I had originally planned. Don't get me wrong, if there was a way to get to stay home for longer I would. I could take my leave of absence for the month of October, but that would mean going without pay way to close to Christmas time.

So that is all for now. I will once again leave you all with some pictures:








1 comments:

Jen said...

AJ loves her babies!