THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

12 and 1/2 weeks and a doctor's appointment

So as you all know from my last post, Josh and I went to the doctor's this morning for the 3 month check-up. As I keep myself informed through my book and pregnancy websites, I was expecting more blood work, urine sample, and to get to hear the heartbeat.

Well to my excitement, there was no blood work, well not until the doctor realized that one of the things I wanted to be tested for had not been tested yet... but that's ok. I'm used to the needles by now and the lab tech is awesome. She is so nice and I honestly don't even realize when the needle goes in.

Then on to check my weight and the other regularities. We got back really quick, so quick that Josh wasn't in from parking the car before I got called back. So after weight check and all that good stuff I went to get him and on to waiting for the Doc. It was honestly a short wait. Asked if we had any questions. Just about my headaches. His answer was to have a coke if it helps. Then about attending a friend's wedding in Boston at the beginning of July. I honestly thought he would say we'll wait and see, but to my surprise it was a very quick I don't recommend it. You will just be to far along, and blood clots will be likely whether you drive or fly.
My blood work looks good, weight gain is great, blood pressure great!!! What great news!!!

Then came time to get to hear the heartbeat. I was so excited and nervous, and Josh was leaning in just waiting to hear our baby. Doc tried for several minutes with no luck. He said that the baby was probably hiding behind the pelvic bone and so we couldn't hear it. He went on to say that everything was probably fine, but just to be on the safe side he was going to let us get an ultra sound today to keep our minds at ease. He said 100% knowing is better than 80% knowing that the baby is good. So I was pretty excited for that. We went back to the waiting room, and waited for what seemed like ever. And with every passing second I got more anxious, more worried that something was wrong with my baby. Josh too was getting pretty restless.

Finally after about 20-30 minutes waiting we were called back. She puts the gel on (not cold at all like you always here, actually they must have a warming machine, cause it was kind of hot!!!) and she put the wand down. I'd say within about 10 seconds, Josh kind of jerked and said... "Did I.. Do I see..." and the tech goes,


"Yes, you saw right... There's twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Well It was the most awesome thing I have ever heard in my life. Josh was just getting closer and closer to the screen, just giddy and giggly. I was crying at this point of course. Of 100% pure joy! And then Josh did too!!! It was so awesome. I'm at this point just amazed, in awe, and just excited. We look at the babies on the screen, and they are just kicking those legs and punching those arms. Then she let us hear the heartbeats. Ok, so this was the MOST AWESOME thing I have ever heard in my life. Both of them, loud, and perfect. The tech said they are great size, and the way they are moving around is awesome!!!! So how about that!!! AWESOME, GREAT, AMAZING NEWS!!!!! I can't really believe it, but we are so excited and can not wait for our babies to be here. Here are there first photos:

Here's one of our precious babies:


And our other precious baby:


And our precious babies first photo together:

On the left you can see the baby lying on their back, on the right you can see their spine!!!

So again, we are just feeling great, blessed and excited for what is in store for us!!! Have a great day!!!

5 comments:

Emily K. said...

That is so exciting! You and josh are going to have lots of fun!! You know with our family they will have lots of love coming their way!!! Just let me know if you need ANYTHING, not that I have baby clothes, but I am good at putting things together. :O)

Jen said...

I have just had a flutter of excitement in my stomach all day. Oh and a tear in my eye! You would have thought it was me having a couple of babies! I couldn't wait to tell the kids when they got home from school. Rachel was the most excited. She's just so animated in her responses! Then she said, "Hey Jen, I hope you don't get any ideas with all this baby business!" Anyway, for the, what? 5th time today? I LOVE YOU ALL! I can't wait to see you Saturday!

Jen said...

Oops forgot to say...I love the pics. Thank you so much for posting them. I would have died waiting until Saturday! I can easily see them each in the first two, but the last one is hard to make out. You'll have to walk me through it Saturday. Are they calling them Baby A and Baby B? Hmmmm...just rambling!

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

AHHH Oh my god! Congrats!!! I am so happy for you. My jaw just dropped when I saw the word "twins" LOL that is such a blessing!! They look darling!!! =)

Becky said...

So cool!!! Definitely worth the wait, huh? Hope you are feeling well.Love ya!