THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Do all Men....

Do all men have to keep everything they have ever owned in their entire life????? This is what I am wondering tonight. Because Josh will not get rid of ANYTHING!!! Our house is way to small for all the stuff he hordes and keeps.

At the moment it is clothes. He has a closet full of clothes, plus like 10 drawers full. It came upon me this evening when we were putting all the clothes away that I washed on Sunday. After getting everything put away of mine, plus the towels and everything else, he was still in our spare room, shoving all his crap into drawers. Then he looks at me and asks if it's ok if he just leaves the rest of his stuff in the basket because he just doesn't have room to fit anything else. I told him it was fine but that we had to go through our clothes and get rid of stuff here soon. Yes, I need to get rid of stuff too, but I have a Closet rack(you know one of those racks you buy, sitting in the spare room, and one dresser of 4 drawers full of clothes. He tells me that he doesn't have anything to get rid of because he wears all of his clothes. My arugument is that if he wore everything his drawers would not be full after I washed all the clothes that were dirty in our house. Then he told me he wasn't listening to this and started playing his x-box game. GRRRRRRRR...

But it doesn't stop with the clothes. It's everything. From the plastic that his X-box points (which is just on a little card) to any kind of box to like 2 play stations and 2 playstation 2's that we don't even play anymore... Plus he has like 4 or 4 bags of old mail. Just old bank statements and different stuff like that. He will not get rid of anything.

In the mean time, I'm thinking how are we going to make our spare room into a nursery when we have so much crap that someone is not willing to get rid of??? I mean the spare room is full of just stuff we have gotten in the 3 years we have lived here. There is no where else to put it. The shed is full of old stuff, mostly broken, i.e. two old computer monitors, a broken bookshelf, and boxes, just tons and tons of boxes. We seriously have to do a huge cleaning out of the junk we have and I just don't know how to get him to do this. I told him tonight that we had to because we have to have a baby's room. He just says I know and continues playing his little game. I just don't know how to go about it anymore. I mean I have been on him for probably 4 years to get rid of this stuff, but now it seriously has to go.

Please help me. Just a note to let me know that my husband is not the only one that keeps each and every little thing he ever gets, or some suggestions on how to go about getting him to let go of this stuff (not everything just enough to give us room)or how to organize it so that we have the room we are going to need for little precious when they get here. And it needs to be done soon, because our baby is going to be here before we know it! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

2 comments:

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

LOL, I love your post! I am actually going through the same exact situation right now...we have waaay too much stuff for our small house. Everything is shoved into our spare room much like you, and that is what the baby's room will be. It is hard but I start cleaning things and throwing them away when he is at work. Of course I only get rid of things I know he doesn't want or won't even notice is gone lol. I decided I'm going to pick a day and just make him help me prepare for the babys room and get rid of stuff. Good luck!

Jen said...

Here I come to save the day! Organizing Sissy's on her way!

(You know...to the tune of Mighty Mouse!)

It'll all work out! We'll get there somehow! Love you!