THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009




My babies at 14 weeks!!!

Everything is going well. I guess pretty normal symptoms at this time, for me anyway. Still no morning sickness, which is a wonderful thing, and I realize now that I am so very lucky as this is normally worse when you are carrying twins. I really don't know how I got so lucky, but I am so thankful that I have not had to deal with that as of yet. And yes I am still knocking on wood!!!!

I mentioned that I was going maternity clothes shopping over the weekend in a previous post, and it was fun. Jen and me went to Motherhood and really found some great deals. They had some great items on clearance, so I was pretty lucky! And these clothes actually make me look pregnant!! They are so comfortable too!!! I work with a girl who is about 2 weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy and I am quickly bypassing her size. I guess that's what two babies will do. I think about what I will look like in two months at the end of the school year, and even at the end of my pregnancy. I am going to be huge. My teacher friends like to discuss this with me as well, and let me know that they will be there to help me roll down the halls!!!

Work is going better this week. The ignoring is going much better than it did this week. So either the two kids sit in the back of the room and mumble under their breath or roll around the floor. But I am getting a lot accomplished with the others this week. And it's already almost Thursday. The week has gone by pretty quickly, and that's always a great thing!

I have to tell a couple stories about my students. They like to ask questions about my babies and here are the best that I have heard yet.

On Monday, one of them asked me how my babies were. I told them they were good, still growing. His response was "Oh, I thought you had them at home by now, but they are still in your stomach?" I said "yes, they will be for a while. Until you are a 4th grader, which will be next school year. They will come out then." He answered with a sigh, "Mrs. Mullins, that's a long time from now. Are you sure you can wait that long? I want to see them now!" I agreed that I wanted to see them now too, but that they had to get bigger and stronger inside me before they could come out and visit him. He said ok and went about eating his breakfast.

One of the not-so-good-kids, in an attempt to get to me told me my babies were ugly. I agreed, and told him they were pretty ugly(Trust me, my babies are the most beautiful things in the world and always will be, but you've got to connect with mean little kids on these things) right now cause they were still growing and were all slimy and skinny right now. This made him become interested and decided that he would ask another question. Where do your babies poop and pee? Inside you? That's disgusting!!!" I answered with a simple yes. The whole class then started making sick noises and telling me it was too gross. In order for them to calm down I simply told them that when I used the bathroom, the babies stuff came out too. I don't think I need to give them the whole pregnancy deal right now!! Plus the answer really seemed to make sense to them, so that was the end of that discussion.

And the most cute, and awesome story I have to share with you. I have a student who is the most cute, sweet thing in the world (besides mine of course) He is tiny, and he has this squeaky little voice. He talks ALL THE TIME!!! He's so funny, because he will want to ask a question and he will just repeat my name over and over and over and over. Or he will blurt out an answer, and I will say "J" please raise your hand, and he will "Oh yeah, I forgot... Sorry" and then raise his hands. He has always been very caring and sweet. He always gives me a hug in the morning before we are dismissed for reading groups, even though he is in my reading group which is in another room. He is the kid that can tell when I am getting frustrated with the others, and he will provide me with a hug!! He can always bring a smile to my face.

Anyway, I wanted to give you a quick summary of the kid I am talking about.
Starting last week, when we would leave for reading, he would come to give me a hug. But he started giving me a hug, and then he would give me a second hug. I really didn't think much about it until yesterday. I was sitting at my desk doing attendance and I dismissed him for reading and he came over to give me my hug. Then he went for the second hug and put his head on my stomach. I said, I really like the second hug I've been getting from you "J", why am I so lucky to get two hugs now?" He responded, "Mrs. M. that hug isn't for you, it's for your twins in your tummy!" It was the sweetest most cute thing I've ever seen!!! I have to admit I got a little teary eyed!!!

And this is why I LOVE what I do for a living. Kids are great, and they are so curious and loving and caring!!! And do the most sweet, amazing things!!!

I hope everyone is having a nice week. I will post again soon!!!

1 comments:

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

Aww, your stories about the kids you teach are always so cute and entertaining! You are very lucky to have such an awesome job. yay, I'm still so excited for you about the whole twins thing! LOL