THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day and a little more

Valentine's Day has fallen on the weekdays for several years now, so Josh and I normally don't do to much. We'll get each other a little something, and have a nice dinner at home. I'm not going out and waiting forever in a line!!! So, when we realized it fell on Saturday this year, we were excited because that meant we would be able to spend the whole day together since that is Josh's day off, usually. But as our luck would have it, since he was off on Tuesday for doctor's appointment, he got the joy of working yesterday. And when he works Saturdays he works late, like anywhere from 7 to 11.

So instead, I got up and cleaned up the mess that is our house a bit, and my sis Jen came over. Our plan was to start organizing the spare room, but not much got done!!! We instead watched VH1 and MTV reality shows and went to lunch at Buckheads!!! It was a very nice afternoon hanging out with Jen. It's been a while since we've gotten to hang out with work and ice storms and all. It was a fun and relaxing afternoon with my best friend!

After she left, I took a short nap and then headed off to find Josh's Valentine's gift. When I got home Josh said he would be home around 10, so I just watched some more Reality Shows!!! I told you all, I'm very addicted!!

Josh finally got home and we celebrated our Valentine's day! I have to say, I was very much surprised and spoiled by the best husband in the world!!! Check out what I got!!!


When Josh asked what I would like, I told him a watch. He did an awesome job!


These were a complete surprise. They are so pretty, Couldn't get a picture that did them justice! When I told him he didn't have to do that, he just said his wife deserves a nice pair of diamond earrings. How lucky am I!!!!


I can't say Josh was disappointed either...



He got his I-pod touch! The day after Christmas he told me he wanted one of these and should have asked for one, so it was easy to come up with what to get him this year!


After we exchanged our gifts, we had a lovely dinner of White Castle's. Seriously it was really good. I love their Chicken sandwiches and their fries are my favorite!!! Then we just sat back and enjoyed what was left of the night!

It was a great day. And I hope everyone enjoyed their Valentine's day as well. Now on to today and work, work, work. I have to prepare for parent-teacher conferences which are Monday and Tuesday afternoon. Since our conference day was used as a make-up day, we have to stay both Monday and Tuesday this week until 7:30 if we want to get paid. That's fine, I'll do it, but with only 8 students,(only 6 conferences schedueled) it's going to drag on. So that's what I'm off to do now, prepare for the conferences, the thing I most dread about being a teacher, and for the week.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

1 comments:

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

oh wow your presents are beautiful! You sure are one lucky girl! =) Glad you had a good Valentine's Day. Have fun with conferences lol