THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Just what I needed

THE WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So after a not-so-good week, the weekend finally came!!! And it has been a very nice weekend. I left work as soon as my kids were on the bus Friday and came home, put my feet up and just relaxed. I watched the movie Definitely, Maybe before Josh got home and I really enjoyed it. For anyone who likes those sappy love stories, this is a good one!!!! Check it out!

Josh got home about 7 and I laid down on the couch. We talked about our days and then I was out. I napped there on the couch until 9:00. I think that that may have been my biggest problem. Just exhausted!!! When I woke up Friday Night Lights was on. One of my favorite shows since last season. I don't know what it is about it that I like so much, and I don't know one other person that watches it, but it really is a good show. Then we watched Psych, and went to bed. Actually Josh had fallen asleep in the chair and wouldn't get up so I went to bed. I think he finally crawled into bed around 2 in the morning!

Of course after all the sleep I got, I woke up at 7:30 in the morning. There's something about just getting to sleep until you wake up, rather than being woke up by an alarm clock. Josh had the day off so we really just hung out all day. The plan was to clean up the house and start getting the babies room cleaned up but it didn't happen. These days that we both have off are so few and far between that cleaning is just the last thing we want to do even though we talk about it all week. Josh likes to say we still have almost 6 months to get it done, and my response is, yeah but that's going to fly by... Oh well it will get done. It was nice just to relax yesterday together.

We watched the UofL game and they won!!! Then I took a nap for like 2 hours!!! I expected a short, 30 minute nap, but I was out. It was good though, because then we got ready and headed to a guy's house that I work with. We were invited to go watch the Ultimate Fighting Championships with him and his wife. We had a really good time. We had never hung out with them before. Josh has met Skates a few times when he came into work, and Skates and I have been good friends on the job since he started last year. There's always something nerve racking about going to hang out with people you don't know very well. But it was such great fun and very comfortable.

There's nothing like just enjoying an evening hanging out with friends and getting to know them better. His wife, Claudette is awesome. And I have to mention that their 2 month old baby is so cute!!! She was so much fun to and just holding her, makes me get even more excited what is to come for us!!! The Fighting on t.v. wasn't to bad either. Those guys are crazy on that show.

So now it's Sunday morning, and I'm feeling very relaxed and enjoying my morning. Josh is at work :( I have the best intentions to do my lesson plans and get caught up with some paper grading (we'll see if that happens). Then I'm going to go have lunch at Skyline to visit my friend. Then I'm going SHOPPING!!!!!!! I have to go shopping. I've got to get some maternity clothes. A lot of my pants are still fitting fine. It's more my shirts that I have an issue with. I still feel like I'm at the point it just looks like I'm getting fatter and fatter for no reason. All my shirts are hugging me and showing that bulge. I do need to get some pants too. I was wearing a pair of really loose pants Friday at work and I just felt a lot of pressure like the babies were pushing on my stomach all day. Some people told me the elastic in the maternity pants will help with that feeling, so I guess it's time!

Then we're going to dinner with the family for my awesome baby brother's birthday! He'll be 25 tomorrow. So that will be lots of fun to see the whole family and spend some time with them. We're going to Golden Corral, and there's always lots and lots of good food!

So it has been a wonderful, relaxing weekend so far, and today will be just as good. I hope you all have relaxed and enjoyed the weekend as well. Have a great Sunday!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

Glad to see you had a great weekend too! Don't you just love those relaxing weekends where you don't do much? I know I do! LOL Have fun maternity clothes shopping!!

Jen said...

Nope...he'll be 26! Yep, we're that old!

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

Hey, stop by my blog when you get a minute. I have an award for you! =)