THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 12, 2009

Life is short....

(I'm sorry if the post is kind of jumping around and stuff, just can't seem to keep all my thoughts straight).

On Wednesday night I was on facebook just screwing around and doing the usual. I noticed one of my friends status was that he was on his way home to see his dad, and didn't know for sure what was going on.

Kevin, is younger than me, probably around 24 or 25. He is living in North Carolina now I believe. The way we know each other is that our families belonged to the same church growing up and we went to the same grade school. Our parents were very good friends, and worked together at the Church Picnic each year. They were the people in charge of the picnic. Both of our families were always around, and our parents were always working together at these church events in some type of way. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that even though I had not actually seen Kevin, or his parents or brother for a long while, probably since last years picnic, his status had me say a few prayers that his father, Paul would be good.

Yesterday morning I woke up to have an email from my dad and a message on facebook from my mom letting me know that Paul had passed away. He passed away from a massive heart attack. It really hit me hard. This is a man that helped so many because he wanted to. Years after his children had graduated from our grade school, he was still there giving his time to help out the church. As well as just being funny old Paul. He was a good man, and this is just devestating.

He was young. I'm going to say around 50 or so, maybe give a couple or take a couple of years. It's just not fair. Not fair to his kids and his wife. Not fair to the community to lose such a nice man.

I am praying for Lisa, Kevin and Matt and their whole family at this time. As well as for everyone who has ever met Paul, as he has definitely left a lasting impression on everyone's life.

I am also realizing that life is sooooooo short and you never know when someone will be gone. So I want to take this time to tell everyone in my life that I LOVE YOU ALL!!! I know I should say it all the time, and not just during a time like this. It's a shame that times like this is what it takes us to see how precious and wonderful life is. With our busy work schedules and running here and there, we don't take the time to tell the ones that mean so much to us exactly what we need to say to them.

I thank each and every one of you for being a part of my life, helping me through the hard times and laughing with me through the funny times, and rejoicing with me in the great times. I could not and would not be the woman I am today without each and every single one of you. Again I love you all, and I will make sure to say it more often.

1 comments:

Jen said...

You're right. Paul was a wonderful man and he will be missed.

Love you too!