THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Not much to say

Just writing cause I'm bored, and nothing else to do!!!

Today was a Monday if I've ever had one. I went into work thinking "We have 3 days left!! We are going to enjoy the last week of school no matter what!"
My optimism lasted maybe all of 20 minutes. I was going over the schedule when one of my students, normally pretty good, but has his days, decided to begin making noises and do anything and everything he could to distract me. After ignoring him for several minutes I couldn't take it any longer. I called him to the back of the room to discuss why he was doing what he was doing. His explanation was that it was the last day of school. I explained to him that it was not the last day, and that on Wednesday if he had a great week, we would have a pizza party and game/movie day. He again told me that he just didn't feel like being good anymore. So I told him that was fine but if he continued he would have the consequences that reflect his actions.

When he got back to his seat, and the class continued with the discussion of the week, he again became distracting to all. At this point the 2 students that normally give me problems decided that if one was going to get my attention then they would do all they could do to get mine as well. SO now I had three students being rude and disrespectful. And this was all before 9:30 when school doesn't start until 9!!!!

I talked with all three of them again separately and it seemed to help one of them. The other two continued to tell me they didn't care, so I gave them 30 sentences to copy. They at least sat and did these while the others and I did an activity. After lunch we go outside for our recess or "exercise time". Now since the beginning of the year we have been going on the track and they all know they are to stay on the track and run or walk. I even told them that if they did well on the track that tomorrow we would go to the other area and get to take the balls and jump ropes out. You think they would be excited and work hard for this reward. WRONG!!! They were in the middle of the track playing tag I guess because they had their hands all over one another. After 3 warnings I had enough and told them it was time to go in. This was about 3 minutes after we had gotten outside. Now I had one of the students go totally off and begin screaming and yelling at me telling me how stupid I was and mean and when I told him to calm down I was told by him, a 3rd grader, to shut my mouth!!!! Can you even imagine telling an adult, much less your teacher to shut their mouth? Well this brought on a referral. Which caused him to begin screaming and yelling more disrespectful stuff to me at the top of his lungs.

The secretary came to remove him from my room, and he even got very rude with her. You would think this would call for mandatory all day detention, or even a suspension, since he has been pulling this crap all FREAKING year long... but no, after 30 minutes he was back in my classroom. The counselor sent him back, you know the one that gave him a bag of popcorn during field day after I sent him out of my room for the third time...

So I have come to the conclusion, that even though EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE OFFICE, including the principal and counselor talk about how "scary" and dangerous he is for me to have in my room in my condition that they really don't give a FUCK (Sorry excuse me for my language, as I'm typing I'm getting even more angry) and that they are going to make me deal with him these last two days whatever happens.

So once again I'm thinking what to do? Just let him get away with this stuff? Oh my gosh, I am so glad there is only 2 days left.

Other than that, I found out whether I get the resource job or stay self-contained I am going to have to move rooms, AGAIN!!!!! This will be the 4th time I move rooms in 5 years of teaching. And it's all fine and good, except we were told to rearrange our rooms and get them ready for next year last week. So I worked really hard to get organized and everything nice and looking great, and I was feeling really good about it, only to find out even if I don't get to move to resource then I would have to switch my room. And I'm not the only one switching rooms, we are going to have a lot of moving going on around the school, so again WHY DID SHE MAKE US GET EVERYTHING READY FOR NEXT YEAR????????

And then the last thing, I was starving today after school. Don't really know why. Ate as good as a lunch as I always do, but felt like I hadn't eaten at all. Josh had text me letting me know that he wasn't going to be home until 8 at the earliest. SO I decided to grab a cheeseburger and fries from McDonalds to hold me over (Hey I'm pregnant with twins and if I need a whole other meal to "hold me over" then by god, I will!!!) Our McDonald's is really good and I really don't think that we have any problems with our food before Saturday (when my sausage biscuit had a huge onion on it.... but that was really just a mistake) so I didn't check anything. I get home and open the burger only to find ketchup, onions, mustard and pickles as well as the cheese. UGHHHHH when is it ever going to end? Anyway my fries were good at least, and did a good enough job of holding me over.

After that I have just been on the computer playing games, and have calmed down a bit. And then I read my blog friend, Antonia's blog for the day, and it was all about having bad days, and when you have a bad day, "TO FIND THE JOY" no matter what is going on. So I took the time to sit back and think about it. And I was able to find the joy. First there are only 2 days left with these kids for at least a couple of months. Second my babies have been moving around like crazy since I got home, and I love feeling them!! They are healthy and its getting closer and closer to them being here. And that is about all I need to make me smile!!! I am going to take her advice and find the joy throughout the next 2 days no matter how bad it gets. Because whether it's 2 or 3 of the kids that decide to be rude and disrespectful I have 5 other students who are the sweetest most caring kids I know. And I am going to enjoy my last two days of the school year with them!!!!!!!!


Once again, not meaning to write much, and I go on and on!!! Have a great week everyone!!!

2 comments:

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your bad day! I hope tomorrow is better. Just try to keep it in the back of your mind that there is only two more days left with the kids!

Antonia said...

Michelle,

I am sorry to hear you had a rough day yesterday. I hope today went better and that tomorrow is even better still. Probably not the way you want to wrap up the school year I can imagine. Hang in there@