THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We made it!!!!

Well today was the last day of school for the students!!! And after the BAD start to the week on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were actually really awesome days!!!! It was exactly what I was hoping for to end the year. With a few surprises during the day today!

First, I only had 5 there today. 3 were out. I knew one wouldn't be there. He hasn't come to school on the last day since I started teaching him which this was the third year with him. Don't really understand why, but that's cool! Yesterday there was a really sweet note from his mom telling me how wonderful I am and that she hopes I am back as his teacher next and wishing me luck with the pregnancy during the summer!! It was very sweet.

Today I had the grandfather of one of the students that was not there come by to let me know he was running a fever and couldn't come in. And he thanked me for everything I do for Jerry and how far I have helped Jerry progress through the year. He also mentioned me being his teacher next year and how they hoped I would be since Jerry is in love with school ever since I became his teacher. He also handed me a card before leaving. The card was very very sweet, and talked about me being a special person in their lives.

Next one of the 5th graders who's sister was in my class several years ago, came in with a baby gift. With the cutest onsies! I'll have to get a picture of them and post them up.

My favorite student of all time, that I've ever had and ever will have handed me his agenda and there was a very long note. The note once again stated how great of a teacher I am and how much I mean to him. Also that if I don't call mom when the girls are born she will be very very upset with me. It also asked when I would be back next year. Then mom actually showed up around 3 today, just to say good bye, and let me know she was serious about me letting them know when the babies are here.

My oldest student also mentioned how his mom was thinking about transferring him to another school since they moved and the school closer has "his" kind of classroom at it. But she doesn't know if she wants to do that cause in his words, "my mom thinks you are the best teacher ever and she doesn't want me to have another teacher."

Ok, so it might sound like I'm bragging at this point, but I'm not. I'm just in awe and feel really happy right now. Actually it's a mix of emotion I'm feeling, because as you know I asked to move to LD resource next year. Still don't know if I'm going to get to since the resource teachers at work now haven't heard about their transfer requests. Don't really know when I'll find out either. But after today and all the love and comments made, it really made me teary eyed. I mean I have taught all of these boys for at least 2 years now, some for 3 and 4 years. While I know the decision to move to the resource postion is best for me, my baby girls and my sanity :) it still makes me feel sad that today may have been my last day with them. And to know how sad these parents will be if I do end up moving... just makes me want to say nevermind, I'm staying until this group is gone.
But then I say when will be a good time. There will always be these students that I absolutely fall in love with and think of as so much a part of me and a special family to me. Ugghh, it's so hard, but like I said, I think I am making the right decision for me and that's what I need to do. And if the other teachers transfers don't go through, well it won't be so bad to still have my boys next year!!!

ok, on to today, and how awesome they were. I mentioned in my tirade Monday night about how I have to move classrooms next year regardless of what I am teaching and that I had to box and get all of my stuff together in an area of the room so that when we figure out what classroom I am going to we can just grab and go. I didn't know how the boys would do with this, so I took in a couple of movies for them to watch. BUT they were so helpful!!! They did everything for me!!! They took the books from the shelf making sure to keep them in order and put the in boxes and pushed boxes and boxes from one side of the classroom to the other. They picked up garbage, they cleaned blackboards, they pulled down papers, they packed, and packed and packed. Not once complaining that it was too hard. Whatever I asked them to do they did! It was so awesome. I honestly sat in my chair looking through stuff, while they waited for me to fill boxes and tell them where to move what and what to move next. We even got done with getting everything cleared out much earlier than I expected and were able to watch the Incredibles and enjoy our pizza together!!!

Then at the end of the day the principal came in to tell the boys good bye for the summer. Right before she came in, I had done the most strenuous thing I had done all day. I had pulled a pack of construction paper down from a very high shelf. When she walked in she said to me, "Are you moving stuff? Why are you moving stuff?" I said no, that I had just grabbed some paper. To which all four boys that were left at the time, decided it would be fun to get their teacher in trouble. All of them told her that I had been moving stuff all day long!!!! She of course looks at me with her I can't believe you look. I insist that I had not moved anything and how great of a help that my boys were today and how hard they worked. They on the other hand, insisted harder, that I had been moving all the stuff all day long. They went on and on. At which point I said, why are guys trying to get me in trouble, and they began laughing. I'm still not sure my boss believes that I wasn't doing it myself, but I swear they did it all for me and I am so thankful!!! I guess they just decided it was time to get their teacher!!!! A good end of the year prank on me!

So as I said, it was a great day! A great end of the year. I still go to work tomorrow and Friday (after doc appointment) but the hard part is over!!!! Very excited for summer and all that is to come throughout it, but also feeling a little sad that this may have been my last day teaching my boys!! As much as I complain on here about them, and whine about my job. I LOVE IT. I love my boys, and I am going to miss them a whole lot this summer!!!!

2 comments:

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

Aw, what a sweet post! I'm glad that the end of the year is over for you though so that you can relax now and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy before your beautiful baby girls arrive! How exciting!!! <3

SaraBelle said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment on my blog! And congrats on your twins and the last day of school! :)

Yes, Babies R Us does offer a multiples discount. You have to purchase 2 (or more) of the same exact thing and it has to be over $50. The discount is 10% off of your purchase. Comes in very handy when purchasing big things like car seats and cribs!

Take care! Sara