THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Baby Update

Josh and I went to see doc Friday for our regular appointment. Things are still looking great at 32 weeks. Just had a check of the heartbeats and questions answered. Babies are wonderful with heartbeats right where they should be. I am a bit anemic, but doc said he's not to worried since I am already on the iron pills as well as taking my vitamins. My mom told me to eat more vegetables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had had 2 very minor and short back spasms last weekend one after we got to Indy and the other when we got home. I pretty much put it off to sitting in the car for 2 hours each way, but Josh thought it would be good to mention it to doc. Doc said well, you are carrying around a lot of extra weight, and look how big that belly is, so he said it was normal. He also said the swelling of my ankles was nothing to worry about as it is normal due to the weight gain. And to just get up and walk around after sitting for a while, and vice versa. I gained 3 pounds from the last visit which was 3 weeks ago, so I did really well, and right on target for weight gain at this time of the pregnancy. Kealie and Jozie both seem to still be in the head down position so that means we will just be playing it from appointment to appointment if we will have to go ahead with the c-section or get to try to deliver them vaginally. We will keep the c-section scheduled for the 11th of August, so I am pretty much assuming that they will be here on that day if not before! It's getting closer and closer!!!...

Mom, Erika and me went shopping yesterday, and my mom was awesome. We got a lot of stuff still needed for the girls! It was a nice day out with them, and I enjoyed myself very much!!! I had a great time, and just want to tell my mom thanks again!!!

Then I got home, Josh and I had dinner. Well, then things kind of went from a really great day to a pregnant woman having a breakdown that I couldn't keep from coming to couldn't stop for anything!!! I know it's just one of those things that happen but man, it wasn't fun... Here's how it went:

First of all, when our heater went out this winter, our landlords replaced the heater and let us know that since they had to get a whole new heating system that they were going to go ahead and get Central Air while they were at it... Well this was so exciting, as we have window units and on very hot days, the one in the living room is just not strong enough to cool down that room. And with me going to be very pregnant during the summer months I was just happy to hear about it! So after putting in the new heater, bringing the CA piece that goes outside, the landlord says that they will hook up that part sometime in the spring or early summer. Well needless to say at this point, we still have no Central Air!!!!!! It is ridiculously hot in our house, besides the bedroom. And well, who wants to sit lay in bed all day, especially when there are good movies on the movie channels and we don't get those in the bedroom.

Josh and I had discussed moving the window unit that was in the kitchen into the living room since we don't use the one in the kitchen and so that we can take the one in living room and put it in the girls room. It should be able to cool off the smaller room a bit better, at least get air circulating around.

With Josh getting off rather early, he was home by the time I got home from my parents yesterday which was around 6, I figured he could go ahead and move them around. So I mention this to him while we are sitting in the bedroom and he says ok, and then falls asleep!!!! When he wakes up I figure he will go ahead and do it, but instead after we eat, he ends up watching the movie Horton Hears a Who... We watch it in the living room, and I got through it only with the fan about 6 inches from my face, since that is the only way to feel the air blowing around.

After the movie was over, I let Josh know I can't deal with the heat anymore and that I am going to go in the bedroom. He decides to follow me and begin watching another movie in the room. Well as I lay there I realize that I am just not cooling off and the bedroom is rather warm, even with the AC and ceiling fan running. At which point comes the break down. I kept it quiet. Just cried. Josh rubbed my back and continued watching the movie. I guess it was after about 5 minutes and he realized my tears weren't going to dry up anytime soon that he turned the tv off and asked what was going on.

I told him first of all I was hot, still sweating and tired of it. He checked the unit, and yes it had frozen over from the constant running. So he turned the ceiling fan up higher and kept the unit running and it helped a bit, but didn't help the melt-down. This is about the time, that I let it all out... All of the stuff we need to do around the house and how we are running out of time QUICKLY!!! The room still has to be finished painting, and after looking at it last night, the walls are going to need a second coat... As I continue to get bigger the house becomes small because of the baby things that we are receiving and getting and have no where else to put them right now except the living room and kitchen until the room is done. As of right now we have a crib and dresser sitting in the kitchen in their boxes. 2 car seats, a stroller, a baby bath, diaper genie and many many bags of baby items sitting in the living room. And our bedroom has clothes and dressers full of clothes that we have to go through to make room for the pack-n-play where the babies will sleep in the beginning... With all this stuff lieing around it's very hard for me to squeeze from the living room to the kitchen and squeeze through there when I need to get through.

Here is the issue I have... Josh works alot, I mean a whole lot, most of the days he is working 10-12 hours, and even on his days off he normally has to go out on several calls. And TRUST ME... I know how he feels when he does get a day off, he just wants to relax, sit around and watch tv. And that is fine, except for the things we need to get done I cannot do by myself. I think that is part of the problem... Not being able to do it myself. I never thought of myself as a "controlling person" (for lack of a better way to put it right now) and have to do things myself, but the longer I have been pregnant, I think I might be. And maybe it's because I am here all day by myself with nothing else to do and so much to get done.

Well, as I continued my break-down, and told Josh how I was feeling, and apologized over and over to him cause I know how he feels, Josh was the most awesome and amazing man, the one I that I fell in love with and know is there. He never once got mad at what I was saying and only reassured me that everything was going to be ok, even letting me know that everything will be done by the end of this week, and no matter what he has to do, or how he feels, he will work throughout the week to make sure it gets done. He even sat down and made a schedule of what he would get done each day this week when he got home from work. He then told me to type it up today and make it official!!! He then got up and switched the AC window unit out of the living room and moved the one from the kitchen to the living room and put up a sheet to block off the kitchen so that the unit wouldn't be trying to cool off such a big space.

So this morning, I am sitting in a nice cool living room, while the bedroom unit defrosts and am enjoying my Sunday morning. With a huge hope that things will be done throughout the week, and I will be able to accomplish the regular cleaning and tidying up easily instead of having to squeeze through small spaces throughout my house, or just not doing it at all!!! At this point in the day I am very hopeful and believe Josh now "gets" it, even if it take a "BREAK-DOWN" to get my thoughts and feelings across to him!!!

0 comments: