THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 29, 2009

Why are short weeks always "longer" than regular weeks?

Still waiting for Josh to get home from work!!!

So I thought I would just give a weekly wrap up here! It's been a long one. I guess that is to be expected thought when it's so close to the end of the year, yet still out of reach! Plus I don't feel like I ever stopped this week. Tuesday was a regular day. When Josh finally got home from work at like 7:30, we went to pick up our crib and dresser from Babies R Us. Only to realize the crib was too big to fit in the back of the jeep. But it was ok.

On Wednesday at work the day just dragged on. The two students that cause hell in the classroom are back at it again, and they had been doing so well. It's just not the way I want to end the year with the class. Especially if I do get to go to Resource, I want to have fun and enjoy it and laugh and be silly! Anyway, so just not a good day at work, then I went to meet dad at my uncles to pick up the bed and dad had to work over. I totally understood, but it I guess, in my hormonal state was the "icing on the cake." Somehow this led to me breaking down and Josh and I arguing and pure just chaos broke out. It really was ridiculous and after a couple hours things were better. THANKS WES!!!!!! And THANKS CHRIS for getting the cribs to us. And THANKS DAD for helping us out even if it didn't work out. And THANKS MOM for calling and making sure I was ok. We really do appreciate everybody that helped us out. I now have a quite clear understanding of Hormonal Women during pregnancy, and hope we don't have to deal with it again!!! But knowing me and my emotional side, there may be another glimpse of it or two or three or 10!!!!!!

Thursday was a long day at work. We were supposed to have a committee meeting at 8 so I got to work about 7:30 to get up my new bulletin board. Only to find out the meeting was cancelled. Oh well, got my bulletin board and more done. We had kindergarten graduation which my class was asked to pass out popcorn and cotton candy during since it was a Circus Theme graduation. It was very fun!!! Then we had a "New Student" orientation as we are becoming the Mill Creek Leadership Academy (magnet program) next year. It was fun, but I didn't get home until about 8. And imagine this, Josh was not home, nor did he get home from work until after 9. So we ordered pizza and I finished the last little bit of paper work that I had to get done.

Friday went to work early and was given a baby shower full of presents and homemade breakfast!!!!!!! It was delicious food and I am just pretty much overwhelmed with the kindness and love of my coworkers. I will post pictures of all the awesome gifts later on cause Josh is going to "open" them when he gets home!!! We had field day today. Not a bad day either. Just the one kid who decided to be disrespectful once again, and even after going to ICE (in-school detention) twice still was just doing things to drive me crazy. So I called the counselor and told her I couldn't and wouldn't deal with it the rest of the day. Only to see him 20 minutes later sitting next to her with a bag of popcorn. Great punishment for his behavior right? That's going to teach him. So I went ahead and told her after school today that I wasn't dealing with it for the last three days of school and she just said ok. I'm pretty much serious though, it's not fair to the other kids.
Oh here is a pic I do have to share right now. The theme of field day was "Super Heros." So my students made t-shirts in art class, and then we made masks to go along with them. All I used was these foam rectangles. They worked so well! And I can post this picture since their faces are hidden!!!

How cute are they???? It really was a fun day (besides the attitude).
Then as I mentioned in my other post tonight we all met in the gym and celebrated a 5th graders graduation. She is receiving a new kidney probably as we speak. Please say a quick prayer for her.
Then the day was over. I got to turn in all the end of the year stuff and my work is done!!!!!! Well besides the clearing off of my desk and the kids desks. Which lets face it would be useless for me to do with 3 days left to teach as if I had done that today it would have to be done again on Wednesday anyway!!!
Now am at home and waiting for Josh. Just text him and he text back saying he would be home soon. I really just want to go out and get the stuff out of the car and look at it all again myself!!!! But I am being patient and going to wait for him I guess!!!!
Not really any big plans for the weekend. Maybe Josh doing some painting and possibly putting cribs together. We'll see how that goes. All I do know is that I WILL NOT be doing any WORK!!!!!!! School work that is!!! It's all done for at least a couple of months, and that is an awesome feeling!!!

So I am going to enjoy my weekend!! And I hope you all do the same!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

Yay for no more work! =) that is exciting. I can't wait to see the crib/dresser you picked out, you'll have to post pics. Don't worry about the hormone problems it happens to all of us and I'm sure everyone around you understands LOL. Have a great weekend!

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

Heck yeah, me too! Hootie is awesome! :)