THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Not sure what to think...

So I've got some AWESOME news, and then some not sure what to think news (hence the title of this blog!!!)

First of course I'm sharing the AWESOME news!!! It is a surprise that I didn't get on here and post last night when it happened, as I could not fall asleep for anything last night. I think that has a lot to do with all the naps I took on Saturday and Sunday!!!

So I've been feeling the babies quite a lot here for the past month or so. They are most active during the day while I'm at work, or while I'm sitting at home waiting for Josh to come home. By the time Josh gets home they have apparently worn themselves out as he has not been able to feel them yet. He will rub my stomach and talk to them in hopes of feeling something with no luck.

Last night we had laid down to go to bed. Josh being the type that is so lucky to fall asleep practically as soon as his head hits the pillow, was half asleep, when one of the girls started kicking me. I grabbed his hand, and put it on my stomach. He was like, what's wrong, what? I said just wait a second! And there it was!!! A kick!!!!!! And he felt it!!! It was SO AWESOME and AMAZING. His reaction, his emotions, everything about it!! And it didn't stop there. He started talking to them and she just kept on kicking. Every time she kicked his hand, he would jump and be like that is so awesome!!! It really was!! I have to say I became a bit emotional too!!! I love feeling them move around throughout the day, but something about having Josh feel it too was just even more amazing! I just can not describe how I felt! His reactions and that emotion was just what I needed and I think it was what he needed too!!! So it was really an awesome night despite not being able to fall asleep until I came to the living room and laid on the love seat and watched a little tv...


On to the other news...
While on my potty break before lunch I could hear my phone vibrating from where I had sat my purse down. I didn't recognize the number, but they had left a message. I decided to go eat lunch and then see who it was. When I got to the stage, another teacher said that the office was calling me. I called the office and they said my Doc had just called. The message he left was to call him back but it was not an emergency. I figured that it had something to do with my blood sugar test that I had last Tuesday and the results from that. After I ate my lunch, I went to call back Doc. Of course, they couldn't just transfer me straight to him, they had to call him and have him return my call. Well some how I of course missed his call again even though my phone was in my pocket so that there was no way I would miss it. Heck, I figured if I could hear my phone vibrating from across the restroom I would feel it in my pocket, but nope, I didn't.

So as we go outside after lunch, I returned his call, which was like 10 minutes after he had called me and they said he was gone, but would be back. Great, now I had to wait even longer to find out what was going on...

So I left my phone on my desk the rest of the day even though we are not supposed to have them out, but some things are just too important to miss over and over again. Luckily Doc called back on my planning. Again, I was thinking that it had to do with the blood sugar test, so when he started talking about the ultrasound that I had, things got a little scary. He said he was just surprised by the difference in their sizes. He said that everything does look really healthy on both of them, but we should really get another ultrasound. I think he could hear a little panic in my voice. Because he kept telling me that everything was probably fine, we just needed to check out why one was in the 90th percentile and the other in the 40th. He said that it could just be an error in the readings, and that we don't have to worry about one getting more food than the other due to them being fraternal.

So, he told me I need to come in next week for another ultrasound, because a month is too long to wait. He said that two weeks would show growth and we could see any changes that have taken place since last week.

I of course missed the call from the office to set the appointment up, but will just have to call tomorrow sometime.

I texted Josh before I had talked to Doc and he told me that I needed to let him know as soon as I talked to him. So when I did, he kind of freaked out a little. I totally understand, and so I did my best over text messages to calm him down.

Even though I'm a little freaked out as well. I keep telling myself that it's not like the little one is too small. She's pretty average size at this time. The other one is just really big. I think this is what's helping me to stay calm. But I am glad Doc is having me come in to make sure everything is alright instead of waiting for 3 more weeks to go back.

So I just don't know what to think. It's going to be a pretty long week waiting to get there and make sure my girls are doing alright. But I'm staying postive and I have felt them all day today moving around again so that helps too!

Hmm, I guess that's it. Just needed to get it off my chest! Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

Antonia said...

What wonderful gifts from your hubby for Mother's Day!! How awsome! I can imagine that you would be worried about the girls after talking to your doctor and I am so glad that your doctor is having you come in for a follow up u/s sooner rather than later. I will be keeping you and the little ones in my thoughts and prayers, and hoping that your u/s goes well. I saw your comment about FB and I tried searching for you today. There were 500 listings for Michelle Nicole. I am still trying to see if I can find you on there to send you a friend request. My name on there is Antonia Ingersoll, I normally have everything set to private, but I have set it so anyone can see me in search, along with my profile picture, so that both you and Jess, if she has a FB, can find me and add me as a friend. (Unless I find you first, Michelle.)

I will keep mine set to open search till Thursday and then put it back on private, so feel free to add me if you like!!!

Jen said...

WHAT?!? I will go to the doc with you if you need me. Call me!

Also, so happy for you and Josh to feel the girls together!

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

That is sooo cool that Josh got to feel them moving! I remember going through the same thing. Aaron would move but only when Kyle wasn't around. It seemed like it took forever before he finally got to feel him.

I hope everything goes well with your u/s. At least you will get in soon so that you don't have to have it in the back of your mind for three weeks. Like you said, they are both moving and everything seems fine, so I am sure it is. I will be praying for you!

Sara said...

That is so awesome that hubby got to feel the babies move! It is pretty cool when others get to share that experience.

I have no idea why I have never been to your blog - now I will have to become a follower!

Keep us updated on the babies. I am sure everything is fine with your girls!