THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 15, 2009

Another blog with lots of random stuff!!!!!

So Friday is finally here. It really wasn't that bad of a week, not as I expected it to be with testing and all that was to be done, but it's always nice to see Friday come no matter what the weeks is like!!!

I did get a lot accomplished this week. I got finished checking all the portfolios this morning before school. I'm so glad they are out of my classroom!!!! And I got the "Classroom Library" done. And that wasn't even supposed to be done until Wednesday!!! How awesome that I actually got something done EARLY!!!!!! I was going to stay and do my lesson plans for next week, but it's so hard to stay on a Friday afternoon. So I just brought my stuff home and will probably do them Sunday night like normal! They shouldn't be too hard though. I mentioned the Invention Convention or science fair that will be happening. I actually thought that it was in two weeks, but come to find out it is NEXT Thursday!!! So we will be working on our class project for that most of the day Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Actually, I hope I can find a fun, easy project to do with them, because Monday we have our last test in the morning so that time is out. Then Wednesday morning I won't be there!!! Anyone have any suggestions?

This weekend will be a good but busy one it seems. Tomorrow morning Jen is supposed to be coming over (I need to give her a call) after her morning run (She's training for a Marathon in San Diego at the end of this month for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training)to get started cleaning the babies' room. Then I am going out shopping with my momma for some baby stuff!!
Sunday I have two graduation parties to go to. Both are cousins graduating from high school! I can't believe how old they are! Congrats to you both Pam and Kevin!!!!

I got some exciting news from Josh through a text this morning. He is off of work on Sunday and Monday of memorial week!!!! And I'm off too!! That never happens that we get two days off together! When I read it I told him we should take a short road trip somewhere just cause we never have the chance. Then the more I thought about it we could get a whole lot accomplished those two days preparing for babies. We are to discuss it this evening when he gets home!

Ok, so this is totally just something I have been meaning to post about but haven't had a chance! I'm just really proud of it so now is as good of time as any to show you all!!!

Last week was Teacher Appreciation week. In honor of the week, we teachers were spoiled with lots of treats throughout the week. One day all of the administration and office staff made deserts for us. There were SO MANY goodies. Cakes, cookies, brownies, etc... We were given lunch from Mark's Feed Store on Wednesday and Friday there was a BBQ for lunch! So much better than normal school lunches!!! But the best part of the week was Thursday. After school we had our 2nd annual "Cubbie" Awards. This is just a time for teacher's to be recognized for their hard work. We start out having some appetizers. This year we had meatballs, shrimp, eggrolls (too bad I don't like any of that!!!) but there was also cheese and crackers, and chips and other munchies not to mention more deserts!
After we eat and chat for a while and introduce any family members that have joined us (nobody was there this year with me. Josh had to work, and I honestly didn't think about asking anyone else until the day before and decided it was just too late of notice!) our wonderful principal gets up and talks about the year and presents the awards to teachers. Yes, everyone gets an award, but it really is special to be recognized. Last year I got the Over and Above Award, due to always going above and beyond to help my co-workers out!

This year the awards were based on our Character Education traits: Responsibility, Hard-Work, Confidence, Friendship, problem-solving, Health and Fitness (mentally was included in this!!), and many others!!! Each month of the year we have taught and done activities with our class based on these traits. So the set-up of the "Award Show" was that Principal started in August, discussed what things were happening in school during that time, and then end with the awards for that month's trait! It was really fun, and she had some pretty good jokes.

Anyway, I was presented with:



The Friendship Award!!!!

As she announced my name, she discussed how you rarely see me without a smile on my face. I am always willing to go the extra mile to help anyone that asks. She has never heard me, or heard of anyone else say that I was complaining about others or what is to be done. And that she can not name one person that has ever had anything negative to say about me, but only nice and positive stories and comments about me!!! She also mentioned that she really realized how many friendships I had around the school, when I was announcing my pregnancy, and everyone knew before the end of that day and it was the talk of the school for that week and still is for that matter!!!!!!

WOW!!! Not to toot my own horn, and I'm pretty sure there are a couple of people that have comments that are not nice about me, but it just made me feel so good!!! And I still feel really good about it. Sure the other awards are great, but there's something about the "Friendship" award that is special to me.

I guess I will be done rambling on now!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

And to leave you, a picture of my teacher awards from last year and this year!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Don't know how scientific your project has to be, but I've seen young ones do "Which Microwave Popcorn Pops the Most"

You can work on counting and you get a snack! Not exactly sure how science works into this!?!?

Here's a couple Popcorn project sites...

http://www.popweaver.com/popcorn101/popcorn_process.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?Finding-Out-Which-Microwave-Popcorn-Pops-the-Best-the-Easier-Way&id=1309874

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

Congrats on your award! that is so Awesome! You must feel so good and special. I think it is wonderful that you are a teacher, I really have a lot of respect for them. I hope you have a good weekend.