THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 4, 2009

Derby Day in Pictures (mostly!!!)

The Annual Derby Day Kickball Game


Mr. T ready to kick!!


I don't think I've seen Josh run, or move for that matter, like this in 6 years!!!


My Dad making a run for first


Hanging out after the big game


My cousins discussing who knows what!!!


Family together in one place is always a great way to spend the day!!!


One of the many Drawings for horses in the Derby


My mom playing Dutch Shuffleboard, another annual tournament held on Derby Day


Daddy's Turn


I made it to the third round of the tournament this year.. But was beat by the Champion, my cousin-in-law Kevin


Josh got ahold of my camera, and what did he take pictures of... Himself!!!


A nice profile pic of Joshua


Oh and he decides to take a picture of me stuffing my face with a cookie. It was a good cookie though!!!


The Met Life Blimp even made it into town for the Derby!


One of my famous television shots of the Kentucky Derby... Pretty blurry but you can tell those are horses running, right???


A shot of my winning. I pulled the last place horse in a $2 pot!!!
Notice how my name is spelled second from the bottom... Hey uncle Mark, I know I'm only 29, but I think that's long enough to know my name has two l's in it!!! LOL


My dad bought all his grandkids a horse in one of the $5 pots!! Kealie and Jozie won!!! Thanks dad or should I say Thanks Papaw!!!!!!!


Derby Day is one of the best days of the year. It is the one day out of the year that the entire family gets together. In some cases it's the only day out of the year that I see some of my cousins. Plus the food is great and the tournaments and betting make it all the better! It really is a great day with everyone in high hopes and high spirits!!! Hope you enjoyed my summary!

I'll be back tomorrow or Wednesday with how my 6 month check up goes tomorrow morning!!! Have a great night!!!

4 comments:

Jen said...

No pics of me? I guess that's what I get for being late. :(

See you in the morning!

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

Sweet! Looks like you all had a great time. =)

Evelyn said...

Looks and sounds like everyone had a great day.

Antonia said...

Looks like a fun day!!! And as for the cookie picture. You are an expectant mommy.. who cares if someone got a picture of you enjoying a cookie.. how many times in life can you actually enjoy a cookie guilt free!!! :)