THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

End of the School Year: Exciting, yet exhausting!!!!

Hey out there. I feel as though I have not posted in days, but it's only been 2!! Actually not even cause I posted on Monday! I guess it's because I have been at work til 7 both yesterday and today. With the year winding down, there is so much to do.

First I am going through every students portfolio to make sure they are complete. Every student, Kindergarten through 5th grade. That would be about 500 portfolios to go through and check. You wouldn't think it would take that long, but I also have to go through and check what years they have their portfolios as well. Yes, the teachers had to do this too, but you wouldn't believe the amount I have made changes to. I guess they didn't believe I would really take the time to make sure they did what they were supposed to. I have completed all but 5th grade and special ed. classes the past two days. Hopefully I can get to work early tomorrow so I am not there so late again.

We also have to go through our classroom libraries. Our principal wants us to sort every book we have into genres and then list title, and author for each and every book. And throw out any old books or books that are falling apart. It's a great idea, just very time consuming. I will say that I have gone through my books, discarded the old/falling apart ones, separated into genre and began typing up my list. Hopefully I can get this done by Friday afternoon as well.

We are in the middle of the big testing right now. This will last until next Tuesday. We only test in the morning, and then sort of take it easy the rest of the day. Don't want to stress the kids out to much! My kiddos are doing really well with the change of schedules and routines. I'm very happy about this, and hope that it continues for the rest of testing.

And these are just the major things I'm working on at the moment. Not to mention all of the end of year paper work, report cards, cleaning of the room, etc... that is to come. Not to mention the fact that I may be changing jobs (not schools, but jobs) and that would mean switching classrooms AGAIN!!! We will have to wait on that one though. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

14 days and counting with kids until summer is upon me! 16 days of work until summer officially begins. (These numbers are days of work, doesn't count the weekends or Memorial day which we will be off for.) Doesn't sound too bad, until I think about if we hadn't had the freak wind storm in September and the ice storm in January which caused a week of no school for both,our last day would be next Friday... But it was nice to have the days off at the time, so I am trying not to think about that too much!!

With the end of the year also comes lots of crazy and hectic days for us teachers. First there is a field trip on the 26th, then field day that same week. Then we have invention convention (science fair), Mill Creek Idol (talent show), Celebration Assembly, and I'm sure there will be more fun to be had! I believe by the end of the next three weeks I will be completely and utterly exhausted. I already am!! But I keep telling myself, 3 weeks and I will get to rest and relax all I want to.

As for update about the last post and the babies. I will be going in next Wednesday morning for another ultrasound. Doc says that 2 weeks will show significant growth and how they are doing where as if I came any earlier it may not be enough difference since last Tuesdays U/S. So I guess it is good that I am able to keep myself busy at this time. With so much to do for work, I am not constantly filling my head with bad thoughts or stressing myself to much over it. Although I will admit that I did have a minor breakdown yesterday when I got home. I really needed it, and just getting those concerns off my chest and hearing Josh agree, but also be able to comfort me and put me at a bit of ease, helped a lot. And that is why I love this man with all my heart and soul!!!!!!

So that's about all I know. Sorry to bore you with my schedule!!! Have a wonderful rest of the week!!!

2 comments:

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

Yay for only 16 more days of work. =) I bet you are super excited. I can understand you being exhausted, that sounds like so much work and very tiring. Good luck with your u/s next Tuesday. I don't know how much I'll be blogging due to having the baby next week! I hope to be back soon though after I have him.

Jen said...

Busy, busy girl! Don't plan on resting too much on Saturday...I'm gonna stop by and help you start cleaning the babies' room!!!