THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Feeling better...

So I am feeling better today than my last post. I just laid in bed all day Sunday as the doctors/nurses told me to do. And all I can is I really HOPE I do not have to go on bed rest for any long amount of time before these babies come. It WAS SO BORING... It's funny how when you are feeling good, and maybe just running and running that all you wish for is a day where you can do nothing but lie in bed. But then when you are made to do so it sucks!!! Maybe it would have been better if Josh were home but he ended up working a really long day for a Sunday. He had to leave at 8 and didn't get back until almost 9 that night. There was nothing good on t.v. during the day. Anyway. I got through it and lieing around I had no pain.

Then I decided to get up and sit at the computer when Josh came home to talk to him for a bit. I think I sat here for maybe 30 minutes and when I got up the pain was back. So I went back to bed and slept through the night.

On Monday morning I was feeling pretty good. Got ready for work, drove to work, made my copies. I was fine. Then... kids came and it was about 20 minutes before I was feeling horrible. I was in a lot of pain, so much that I texted my sister about 1 and asked her to go pick a pregnancy belt for me and bring it to me. We decided against her doing that since I didn't know if I would need to try it on and all that stuff. So by alternating standing and sitting in several minute intervals it helped me get through the rest of the day.

I headed to get our check for FINALLY junking that Focus!! She is now gone!!!! She was a good car, but I was tired of seeing her broken down and useless. (Sorry, random) Then I headed to the medical store to get my belt. I had looked them up online just to see what they were and how they helped, and all the reviews said it would be instant relief. I was quite intrigued and was very excited to see if it really was. And I can honestly say, there was immediate relief. Not complete relief, but I felt much better. So having trying it on, I didn't even take it off, and just paid for it and wore it out of the store. When I got home I did some more adjusting and it felt even better. Josh and I even made a trip to Walmart for some things I needed for my students and for the Derby party. I was not in a bit of pain the whole time we were there!!!

And today at work again, it worked really well. By the end of the day it was a little irritating and wasn't quite right, but it just needed to be readjusted. I'll just have to make sure I readjust tomorrow during my planning or something.

But I can happily say that I am feeling much better, and there is a way that I will get through the next 5 weeks. It's funny though how much bigger I look with this belt on cause it's lifting my stomach all up. People kept being like "Whoa, where did that belly come from today?" It was kind of funny. Anyway, like I was saying I only have 5 more weeks of work until the summer. If I can get through those five weeks I will be happy. I would just hate to lose time that I have saved up before they were born which would mean that I wouldn't have as much time with them when they are here.

So, next doc appointment is a week from today. That is 24 weeks, or 6 months!!! Can you believe it????

2 comments:

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

Thank you for your comment! It did make me feel better. =) I'm glad the belt is helping you, that is great! I know what you mean about being bored in bed all day. I had to be on bed rest for a while earlier in my pregnancy due to some complications and it sucked! LOL

Jen said...

Oh you silly, silly new mothers! A day alone in bed is NOT boring, it is a wonderful gift!

Glad you are feeling better!