THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Share a Smile: Louisville, KY edition

So today marks 2 weeks until the Kentucky Derby. As this is "the fastest 2 minutes in sports" and a very popular horse race said to be known not only country wide but world wide, our city LIVES it up!!!!

For the next two weeks, Louisville will have many festivities to celebrate the upcoming horse race! There's a hot air balloon race, Marathon, Parade, Steamboat Race, bed races, and SO MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!

Today is the Opening of these festivities, with Thunder Over Louisville. There is an air show throughout the day, and pretty much anywhere you are in the city you hear "thunder" all through the day with jets and planes flying overhead. This evening the event is ended with a spectacular Firework Show. Used to be the biggest in the country, not sure if that still stands or not!

Anyway for this week's Share a Smile Saturday I thought I would post clips of previous Thunders:

One part of the air show:


Clip of the Firework show:


Those were just little pieces of what is in store for today in Louisville. It is going to be a beautiful day too!!! The are calling for 70-75 degree weather and the rain is supposed to hold off until after midnight, so I hope it does for the sake of everyone going downtown to watch the show!!

What will I be doing? WORK!!! The 5th of 6 grading periods is over (ONLY 1 MORE TO GO:)!!!) so it's a day of organizing grade book, getting data in order and filling out progress reports! Plus I really don't think I would be comfortable sitting and standing all day long outside. Not to mention the fact that I am using the restroom A LOT lately, and the news just had a little segment of where people use the restroom when they are down there. And the answer was 1 of the 525 port-a-potties that are set up! NO THANK YOU!! I'll stay in my house and use my clean toilet and catch the show on tv while getting work done! I am going to go out once the planes start and see if I can catch any flying over the house with my camera. If I do, I will post them later on!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 comments: