THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Work and Doc's


mommy graphics


I just found this quote at mysunwillshine.com. They have the cutest comments and glitter. Check it out if you have time!!!

Anyway, today was great day!!!

It was another early start as we had to go pick up Josh's rental at 7:30... Just imagine going from getting up between 9 and 11 for a week to having to get up at 6 or 6:30 for 3 straight days!!!! Today was better as I fell asleep at like 9:30 last night watching Women's Basketball Championship game. UofL played but they lost. It's ok though, they were in the "ship" for the first time ever and UCONN was just a better team. I didn't see the second half. I fell asleep at halftime and then woke up about 11 when Josh got home from making two runs for work. I woke up starving which was funny because we had gone to Tumbleweed and I ate a lot. Anyway I had a piece of his pie and then went back to bed. So I got the much needed sleep. I got to work about 8 to show off the ultrasounds. I would share them here, but two are just of their "girly parts." We also got a profile of Miss B's face and I believe Miss A's feet as Miss A was being very difficult and would not let US tech get a pic of her face!!!! When I get those two scanned I will post them!

Back to work went well. Most of the boys seemed happy to see me, and MOST of them did great for the subs they had Monday and Tuesday. Then at 2:50 I had to leave to go see Doc. We heard the heartbeats, and they are still doing great. Doc said my weight gain has improved since last month and everything else looks great. Josh's blood type is O positive and as mine is O negative looks like I will be getting at shot at 28 weeks. Whatever is needed to keep my precious girls and me healthy is fine with me! My BP and everything else is looking great too.

So, until next month... when I will be doing the blood sugar test! and having another ultrasound to make sure babies are still staying around the same weight and measurements. It was up to me to choose if I wanted to continue to go to the High-risk Doctor or just see my regular doctor. I chose just to see Doc. First of all that would be two days in one week every month that I would be late to work or leaving work early. Second, as long as they continue to grow well and look healthy it's not really necessary and Doc's office can do all those measurements there.

I asked him about classes, and he said it was up to me. Just to give the hospital a call and see what kind of classes they were offering and choose what I was interested in. So I will have to give them a call or look online and see what they have.

I also asked him about my due date. He told me we were just going to leave it the same at August 22nd, because a week's difference isn't enought to make a change. He then said I just had two big healthy babies. I also asked how much earlier he expected me to go than that, and he said it just depends. If the growth continues of course I will have to go earlier, but with twins he says he aims for 37 to 38 weeks as the percentage of chance of going to the NICU before then is pretty high. He said at 35 weeks there is a 50 percent chance, 36 weeks a 33% chance, and then if you make it to 37 weeks the chance falls to 10% and stays there. So that's what we are going to be hoping for to make it to 37 weeks! He also added that it is very common to deliver before 37 weeks with twins but that many of them are ok.

Last month Doc seemed to be really on the C-Section wagon, but this week, without me even discussing it he said that the only way we would do that is if both were not in the correct position. He did stress that both had to be though. If one were breech then we would have to have C-section.

He also gave me some of his recommendations for pediatricians and told me it would probably be a good idea to start thinking about, discussing and talking with several different doctors. I think I will get recommendations from my sisters and others as well.



mommy graphics



So all continues to be great news!!! Let's hope that it continues!

CONGRATS ANTONIA ON YOUR SWEET BABY BOY!!!!!!!!



graphics for moms

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad the doctor went well today. Now you know how much I LOVE T's doctor so I would highly recommend him/them. Of course, distance might be an issue for you, but we always lived far from him when T was little and it was totally worth the drive!

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

I'm glad to hear everything went well for you today! and that your first day back at work wasn't too bad either. =) I like your glitter graphics, they are really cute. I can't believe you already have your sugar test at your next visit!!! time goes by so fast, I swear.