THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

A good morning, then an Evening Scare

So this morning started great. I had been pretty tired from the busy week I had and was feeling kind of sore Friday night but nothing that bothered or worried me. I went to Erika's house to visit her, baby K, A and her husband and hung out there for a little while. Wes, my brother was there as well, and I dropped him off at his house before I was heading home. I told him I would be out cheering for him during the mini-marathon this morning, unless I woke up and was feeling sore or anything.

Well, I woke up quite easily at 6:30 this morning... And I felt great!!! So I got ready, grabbed my camera and headed down to the end of the street to watch the runners. This marathon and mini-marathon are part of the Derby Festivals that I mentioned last Saturday. Anyway, I asked the traffic lady at the end of our street, which is probably about a 1/4th of a mile, if the runners did run down that certain street and she said yes. I sat down on the curb and waited for the runners to start coming by. About 10-15 minutes later, the traffic lady came and told me that they did not run down that particular street.

So I made the decision to walk down to the other entrance of the park where I knew that they would be running out of which was probably about 1/2 a mile away from the end of my street. Now I'm not sure about these distances, it could have been shorter and it could have been longer. But there was a very nice cool breeze blowing and the walk was very nice and easy. I made my way to the entrance of the park, found a shady place as it was getting a bit warmer. Ok, it was like 7:30 am and the weather was already like 70-75 degrees, but the breeze was still there. Here is a picture down a little bit from where I was standing. I'm pretty sure it was the starting line...



It was cool to be there watching all those runners. I like to think that if I weren't 5 and 1/2 months pregnant I would have been one of those runners (it doesn't matter that I've lived here my whole life and have never even thought about going to watch it, much less run it!!!!!!!) Anyway, I stood waiting, and watching all the runners and trying to find Wes, Jen, Chris and Kevin, but it was really hard to concentrate.

I don't know how I saw him, but just as I turned my head, I saw Wes passing me by, I did manage to get a good picture of him!


A little while later, I am just standing again, eyes going through the 100's of people passing me, and I see a hand in my face and hear a hey!! It was Chris, my brother in law. Sorry Chris I didn't get a picture of you. It really was hard to concentrate and look for several people at a time. I apparently missed Kevin all together. I never saw him...

Then a bit later, I again am searching through the tons of people, and here comes Jen... Waving at me!!!! Ha.. Ok so next year if I'm not running, I will make sure to know what everyone is wearing that day. It might make it a little easier to find them!!! Anyway here's the pic of Jen...


Jen took a short break and said hi and had her power gel, or whatever it was! So that was fun. I'm really glad I got up and was able to see them running. I am very proud of them all!!! Way to go you guys. You all did AWESOME!!!!

Then I headed home. Now I'm not for sure if it was because I had stopped for several minutes at the end of my street on the way to the race, or because it had warmed up and the breeze wasn't quite as strong, but the walk back home was not near as easy as it was there. By the time I got to my street, I was thinking to myself, I should really call Josh and see if he's left for work yet, or if he has time to drive up here and get me. But I chose just to walk. I made it home, and really still felt fine.

I drove to McDonald's for some breakfast, Hey it was 9:30, and I had just walked a about 2 miles so I deserved it, right?!?!?! Got on the computer for a while and played some games, checked the mail, etc... Josh came home about 11, he only had to go in for some kind of training this morning. He said he was going to get him some lunch and then call the junk yards to pick up the car. I told him I was going to take a nap. I was feeling pretty exhausted and my lower abdomen had a little pain.

So here's where it gets interesting...
I came in and went to sleep for an hour or two. When I got up, Josh said let's go to Lowe's, for a weed eater. I told him I wasn't feeling that great. The pain was actually worse than before I had laid down. I decided that I would go with him though, since I couldn't really help around the yard much, the least I could do was go shopping with him. Well, we got down to the end of the street and the tears came, and wouldn't stop. Just the thought of walking around made the pain come. No, it was only there when I was walking. I was fine when I was sitting and laying down.

Josh and I decided it was best if we just grabbed me some lunch and dropped me back off home. So that's what we did. Josh came in, made the bed all nice and comfy for me, and he was off to Lowe's. I ate my lunch, got on my laptop, and then fell asleep once again. I woke up when Josh got home, and laid there for a while. Then I went out to check how he was doing in with the yard work and sat on the porch for a few minutes. When I stood up to come back in the house, the pain was even worse this time. And it seemed as though it was now not only in my lower abdomen but also my lower back. I could hardly walk through the house to get back in bed. When Josh was done, we discussed it and decided it was best to go ahead and call Doc and let him know about the pain.

My doc called me back after I left the message (very quickly I might add)and I explained the pain I was in and how I could hardly walk. He said it was more than likely stretching of muscles and ligaments but to go ahead and go to the triage center to make sure. So we headed to the hospital. After no problems whatsoever throughout my pregnancy, it was our first scare. Yeah we were scared something was wrong, but I think Josh and I both did a good job staying calm and keeping our composure. Then they told Josh he had to wait in the waiting room and couldn't come back with me. He wasn't happy, and the look of worry really hit him at this time. I felt so bad for him, having to sit out there not knowing what was going on. At least I was able to know as soon as the nurse came in and hooked me up that I was NOT having contractions, and I got to hear the babies heart beats. They were both strong and healthy!!! And with the other check, the cervix was good and the babies were high, so my baby girls are doing great and there is no need to worry. Josh came in as the nurse left. I filled him in on what I knew and I could see the tension leave him, so that was nice to see as well.

So what to do about the pain and not being able to walk? After about a 1/2 hour of sitting there, the nurse came back in and said it was just the babies getting bigger and my muscles and such stretching. Her and my doctor agreed I would be fine to go home. I should stay in bed tomorrow and rest and get a pregnancy belt soon to help with the pain.

So that is what I plan on doing. I have my laptop in bed with me now. My school work next to the bed, and just about everything else I will need. I will be laying in my bed all day tomorrow, watching tv, getting the rest of the school work done and relaxing. And NO MORE LONG WALKS FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!! I've learned my lesson. So that means, that I will not be going on our school's Derby Parade Wednesday. Hopefully I can find some generous enough people to take my kids along with their classes. I know I will be able to.

I'm just going to take it easy this week. Go to work and come home, not stay as busy as I was this week... Although I had a lovely week: junked title, new baby niece, mom's birthday, dinner with friend, visiting new baby niece, cheering on brother and sister at their run. It was a good week, just exhausting and well all too much for me I guess. It's time to start taking it easy!!!

And that is exactly what I am going to do!!!

2 comments:

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

how cool that you got to take pics of everyone while they were running! I am so sorry to hear about your scare, but at least it wasn't anything too serious! Thank goodness. I get that pain a lot in one certain spot in my back and it is so excruciating I can't even move or get up sometimes. Darn babies! lol

Antonia said...

Michelle, I am so glad the pain was not labor related and that the girls are doing fine.. sorry to hear about the pain though...oh the joys of later pregnancy...get some rest mama!!!!