THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

ANGEL, ANGEL, ANGEL...


So today was the BIG day at work!!! Not only was it our derby parade to the nursing home and back (which I did not go on) but we also had a visit from Angel McCaughtry, who I have mentioned before played for the UofL women's basketball team and was the Number 1 Draft pick for the WNBA!!!!

Our whole school was very excited. We even got to wear UofL or red shirts today... I had to go with a red shirt, as all of my UofL shirts are just a bit snug at this time!!! Anyway, We began getting called to the gym/cafeteria at 11:30, as Angel was supposed to be there there at 12. She was only speaking for about 10 minutes, and then selected students from each class got to ask her a question...

So she was supposed to be there at 12... but didn't get there until 1!!!! So the whole school sat in the cafeteria for over an hour waiting for her chanting her name over and over... I have to say my kids did really great waiting. Even the few that have a hard time with loud noises after a long period of time didn't get to upset or fussy!!!

So she finally showed up, just after the boss was giving a speech to the kids about being leaders and showing responsibility... Kind of funny... Anyway here is a picture of her talking. I'm kind of mad cause all of the close ups I took with my camera came out really dark, I even changed the settings and flash settings several times but they all ended up dark...


Here is one of my students asking his question to Angel. He did such a good job!!! I could see him getting more and more nervous about having to stand up in front of everyone as the minutes passed by! But I am so proud of him!!!


After Angel left the parade started. Again, I wasn't about to go walking about a mile again and be in pain and have to walk back so I got some of the assistants of another class to go with my kids. One of my students didn't get his permission slip signed so we were in the room, when I looked out of my window and saw Angel playing with the preschool and headstart kids!!!


So J and I went out and we got a picture of her and J together. I've cropped out J so it's a picture of Angel, with the top of his head!

I also got her autograph for me!!!!

Then the parade came back... This is a teacher who is retiring this year. She was the grand marshall


And last, a shot of some of my kiddos from behind as they were getting ready to race!!!


It really was a good day!! Now I'm just waiting for Josh to get home so we can go get dinner!!! Tomorrow is our last day of school for the week. Again, gotta love working in Louisville during Derby week!!!! We are out Friday due to the Kentucky Oaks. This is another horse race, but all female, or fillies, run in this race. They have actually called for rain all week here, but today has turned out to be a BEAUTIFUL day!! I hope that this rain either comes and goes before Saturday or holds off until Sunday! My parents throw a Derby Party, and lots of fun, games and food is to be had!!!

1 comments:

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

That is so neat, I loved your pictures. Looks like the kids had a great time. How cool you get a short week of work too. =)