THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Cards and Steelers are on a Roll!!!

I hope this post turns out. There are a lot of pictures and all of them are coming out in codes, so hopefully I move the right ones where they are supposed to be!!!



Well... My weekend... FABULOUS!!!! First of all Saturday night as I've mentioned a time or two, the #20 UofL Cardinals beat #1 Pittsburgh!!!! I had to watch the game by myself because Josh had to work late. Another stressful game. But they did it. They played their hearts out and won 69-63. No rankings out yet, as that was the first thing I checked this morning!!! I am saying UofL will now be ranked about
15th, even though they should be a little higher, I'm keeping my hopes low so I don't get disappointed. I wish I would have taken some pictures, but it never crossed my game while the game was on, you'll see in a moment what I mean. I'm very proud and excited for the Cards!!! Next game is against Rutgers on Wednesday!!!

Sunday was a full day. We went all around looking at cars, but you wouldn't believe how many are closed on Sunday, even when the website says they are open!!! Anyway we ended up at Carmax and found a 2007 Jeep Commander right at our price. Keep your fingers crossed that we get it. We have to figure out how Josh and Dad are going to get to the bank at the same time to sign for the check and Carmax won't hold the car for us. So it's just a lot of hopes that it still is there when we do find the chance!! It's an awesome car. It's bigger than I was looking at before, but the deal on it we can't beat!!!!

Then when we got home and prepared for the Steelers game. Well I did anyway...



When I finally woke him up with about 10 minutes till the game, we took some photos...



This would be a really good picture if my eyes were open, something about the flash of my camera, all of the pictures of me have my eyes closed.
Then our true Steeler pride coming out...



My favorite player, Hines Ward, making the most awesome catch of the game



Sadly, he hurt his knee on the play, tried to come back in a couple plays later, stayed in for one or two plays and then didn't return.


The first touchdown of the game, before the score was 6-0, then Holmes ran it in to make it 13-0


13-7 was the halftime score!!!! It was a good half, but a whole other half to make it through.

As the second half started, Zander even got interested


The second half started and we kind of chilled, it was too close to be excited, more like stressful was the word. We coudn't seem to do anything with the ball, but continued to stop the Ravens as well. At one point the Steelers made a field goal, and then the Ravens scored a touchdown. So the score was 16-14 Steelers.

Josh was becoming more and more aggravated and restless. Ravens had the ball, we had to stop them.

Josh's favorite player is Troy Polamalu, he is a safety on defense


I told Josh I felt a Polamalu interception coming soon, and here is what happened:


Not only did he intercept but he ran it in for the touchdown!!!!

Here is what followed inside my house:


and then Josh saying giving me props for calling it...


So it is settled, Pittsburgh Steelers against the Arizona Cardinals in the Superbowl in two weeks, February 1st!


I kept telling people how funny it was that on Saturday night during the basketball game I was pulling for Pittsburgh to lose, but on Sunday I would be pulling for Pittsburgh to win. Something even more ironic that my dad pointed out last night:
On Saturday I was rooting for the Cardinals to beat Pittsburgh... In two weeks I will be rooting for Pittsburgh to beat the Cardinals. Funny, isn't it???

Anyway like I said it was a wonderful weekend, things are good. At some time during the game, there was noise outside so Josh opened the door to see what it was and this is what was there:


And this morning at 8:30:


Pretty isn't it? I don't think anymore is expected, but at least we can say we had a day of snow this winter!
Hope I didn't bore you all with my breakdown of the game!!! Have a great day!!

0 comments: