THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Some wonderful, amazing, most AWESOME news!!!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket
At the beginning of November I went to the doctor's for my yearly girl checkup. My doctor decided to get an ultrasound as I had discussed with him about trying to start a family since our wedding and nothing had happened. I was to meet with him two weeks later for test results and to go over the ultrasound. When I went back, there was a polyp on my uterus. He told me I shouldn't be concerned, but it could be blocking things keeping me from getting pregnant. So we scheduled a D&C to have it removed. That was supposed to be on December 16th. The week before I went in for blood work. Everything seemed fine and normal and I figured it would all be ready to go for the 16th, and then hopefully I would finally be able to have that baby that Josh and I are so, so ready for!

On the Monday before my surgery I received a phone call at work from the doctor's office. I WAS PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-4 weeks at the time. I couldn't believe it. I honestly was in shock for the better part of 3 days. Heck, my doctor told me that the polyp was probably blocking something.

Photobucket

But nope, it's true!! I am having a baby. I went for my first visit yesterday, and after the exam and discussing everything I am now around 8 weeks!!! I'll have a baby in my arms in 7 months and Josh and I could not be more thrilled. This is what we have been waiting for since our wedding. And just at the time we don't think it will be possible for a while longer... It happened. I guess it's like they say, stop trying and it will happen.

My due date is August 22nd! Jen's birthday is August 17th, and she seems to think that I will have the baby on her birthday!!!

Like I said, words can't describe exactly how I feel. This really is what I've wanted for as long as I can remember. To be a mom and have a wonderful family. And Josh and I adding to our family. He has just been so awesome. Spoiling me so much (more than he already does!!) I can really get used to this!!!

No crazy symptoms yet as of yet. Boobs are the worst of it, and from what I hear, it's only the beginning for that. No morning sickness so far (knock on wood), and today was the first day I can honestly say that I am exhausted to the point where I felt like I could have laid my head down on my desk at work by 12 noon and slept like a baby... I don't think that that would have been such a good idea though, so I made it through.

Everyone is being so awesome. I told my boss yesterday when I got to work after my doctor's appointment. She said she knew... But she was awesome about it. She asked me when my due date was and I told her and she was like alright, so right at the beginning of the school year, but then she was like that's fine it's great. I believe she is genuinely happy for me. She really is a great boss (except for when she makes me come back to work after a doctor's appointment!!!!!!!!) The rest of my colleagues just gushed all over me today, and it's just a really great feeling, knowing everyone is so happy for Josh and I and so excited as well!!!

Our families are so excited too!!! My younger sister and Josh's sister are actually pregnant as well. They are both due in the spring. So our family is just going to be loaded with babies.

Photobucket
Again I'm just overjoyed and couldn't wait to post this, and let you that read my blog know. It's amazing how dreams do come true, even if not in the order you dreamed or thought they would. I remember a paper I wrote my junior year about where we saw ourselves in 10 years. They were to be married to a wonderful man, have babies (don't know for sure about this number anymore), to become a teacher , and to publish a book. Well, as I said, it may have taken a few more years than I expected, but here they are some already having become a reality and one on its way!!!!!!!!!! The last goal, the publish a book, yeah it's still a goal or dream, and maybe one day it will be a reality as well. But right now I'm just extremely happy and SO THANKFUL for all that I have been given and blessed with! Things are exactly as I want them!

2 comments:

Bagpuss said...

Congrats that is great news.

Jen said...

I love my, oops our, Baby! I love you! I love Josh! I just love the whole damn M****** family!!!!