THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We must find the cure NOW!!!

I did not have a good day today.

Several months ago I was introduced to Coleman. A 4-year old boy fighting cancer. I was introduced to his carepage through my sister and have followed his story through his mother's words. Through Coleman's page I have also been introduced to several other children fighting the monster. One of those little boys was Dante, who was 2 years old. While I have never met these children or their family, I feel very close to them as I have fallen in love with them and prayed many prayers for them to get better and defeat the disease.

At work today on my planning when I checked my personal email I received this email on Dante's page:

"Dante earned his wings at 8:33 am this morning."

My heart was instantly heavy with grief and sadness for this family. He was a beautiful young boy who was taken from his mother and father too early.

I just checked my email again and this is the email I opened:

"Coleman was an amazing child of God and we were so honored to be chosen as his parents. He left this world at 10:45 last night- he fought HARD until the very end, not wanting to give up, but finally letting go. He was a warrior and a hero our hearts will forever miss. We had the most glorious five years together- a gift we will never forget."
--Peggy Larson (Coleman's Mom)

Again, my heart has completely gone heavy with grief and sadness, but also with anger. These boys were so young. I do not understand why this evil exists. Our world must do stand up against the monster and we must find a way to defeat cancer once and for all.

Please pray for Coleman and Dante's parents and families.

1 comments:

Bagpuss said...

That is so sad. I'm so sorry.