THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 23, 2009



Your Body
At about 18 weeks, you might begin to feel a suspicious flutter in your belly. The professionals call it "quickening," we call it "baby's makin' waves!" Within the next few weeks, those tiny bubbly feelings will become more obvious. And soon enough they'll be unmistakably identifiable—especially when you (and anyone within 10 feet of you) can see tiny feet, elbows and knees moving across your belly.

So I had to post this section of my weekly update for one reason!!! As I read the "Your Body" section Saturday morning I was feeling kind of down. I hadn't felt any movement. Everyone keeps asking me if I've felt anything, and I always have to answer no, not yet. Which they say is normal for twins. The information I have read about twins says that it is normal to feel them moving around later than if you only had one. So while I wasn't worried about it, I was still anxious and just ready for that experience.

Today I had my lunch, went to the restroom and to pick up papers from the copy room. When I got back to my classroom to set everything down, there was a strange feeling. I didn't think anything of it at first. Honestly it was just like my stomach was rumbling and grumbling from the lunch. But when I have these feelings I normally have to use the restroom right away. I had no urge or need to use the restroom at this time.

Then it happened again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that's when it hit me that it was my babies moving around!!! It was the most awesome feeling in the world. I just wanted to sit there and wait for it to happen again, but as I was already a couple minutes late to get my kids I had to go on back to the cafeteria.

I have to admit that my day was wonderful after that. It was just to awesome of a feeling and to realize what was happening to let anything bother me after that. Just to make sure I wasn't making things up I went to the office after school and there were a couple of people there including the principal. I sat down next to her, and asked her if it felt like gas when they move around for the first time. She kind of looked at me a little strange, and then was like, "Oh, you are talking about them" and patted my stomach. She went on to say that she thought I was saying my students were giving me gas!! Hahahahaha, we all had a good laugh and then a good cheer for me FINALLY getting to feel that awesome sensation!!

I texted Josh when I left work and told him to call me when he got a chance. Of course he called me right away, and was like is everything ok, what's wrong? I told him, and he was just so happy. He said he was jealous and wishes he could feel them moving around! But I think he is going to talk to them in a bit and try and get them moving around again!

So another wonderful, wonderful, wonderful day!!! I have to admit the past couple of days have just been wonderful. I already wrote about Saturday. Yesterday I went to visit my best friends from college in Lexington. I just drove up and had lunch with them. It was such a nice visit. Then I came home just in time to watch UofL. While they stressed me out just a little bit, giving Siena the lead with like 8 minutes left, they ended up fighting back and winning. That means we are now in the Sweet Sixteen!!!!!!!!! Only 4 more games to go and we will be the National Champions!!! I feel it in my bones, that this is the CARDINALS year!!!

Have a great week everyone!!! Only 4 more days and then I'll be on Vacation. Nothing like being a teacher and getting to enjoy Spring Break!! It will be a great week to get things cleaned up and cleared out!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh yay!!! I am so happy for you! Is that why you called me earlier tonight? Tyler and Rachel had a track meet. We got home after 8, had dinner and then worked with the girls on homework. I just got them into bed and had a chance to sit down and read blogs and email for the First time today. I was so busy! Anyway, enough about me! I'm just so happy for you. It's such a wonderful thing to feel! And, I'm going to admit this...I noticed the cute little Baby Butt is forming! :D

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

oh my goodness, time is going by so fast!! I can't believe you are 18 weeks already, that is too cool! And how you felt them moving too, isn't that just the greatest feeling in the world? I bet it is even more interesting for you because you have TWO in there! LOL. Glad you get vacation in a few days!!! Enjoy it. =)