THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Doc Appointment

My appointment wasn't until 10:30, so I slept in, until 8:30, which was really nice. Even though my alarm started going off about 7 this morning. Oh yeah, let me share a little story about my alarm this morning. I'm the type of person, that hits the sleep several times... ok, I really don't know how many times it goes off but the first alarm went off at 7 and I didn't get up until 8:30 if that tells you anything. Anyway, I use my cell phone cause I can set up to 5 alarms on that and I don't hear music on a radio alarm, and the beep from a regular alarm will put me to a bad mood all day.

Ok, anyway, While I doze back into that half sleep/half awake in between my alarms I find this is the time I have the most dreams. And today was no different. In between each of my alarms I was dreaming that I was outside looking at the beautiful spring flowers in full bloom, or in a field of beautiful flowers... but when my alarm started going off the flowers would sort of just wilt and die and everything would turn to a grey color... EVERY TIME!!!! My alarms were so depressing this morning. When I told Josh about it, he went into hysterical laughter, and was like YOU HATE THE MORNINGS DON'T YOU??? Well honey, it's been 6 years now, and if you don't realize that about me by now, where the heck have you been? Not that he doesn't know.. he waits until the last possible second to wake me up if it's needed and he stays at the bedroom door as there is a small possibility that I would get physical with him, or anyone else for that matter, for waking me up!!!

Ok, anyway sorry about that, I just found it very interesting the whole flower scenario this morning.

Back to my appointment:
For the first time I did not have to have any blood work done!! YEAH. But Josh did!!! I am o-negative and he and his mom seem to think he is o-positive, which makes the whole Rh factor an issue if that is the case. It's not a big deal, I will just have to get a shot a couple of times to keep my body from fighting off the babies.

Doc prescribed me some iron pills for my headaches. Actually Josh is the one that brought it up. I was putting this new batch of headaches off to the weather changing and sinuses, but Josh thought it would be best to discuss with him. Doc said I may be a bit anemic so if that is what the headaches are being caused from, then the pills should start working in about a week.

No Ultrasound today :( I was really hoping that we would get another one, so that we could find out the sexes, but no such luck. But we did hear both heartbeats. One was 140 bpm, and the other was 160 bpm. So everything there was great, and it's always so awesome to hear that noise!!! It's like a big sigh of relief to know they are doing so well!

I had a test for CMV done, as our family has experienced this before. It is just a stomach virus that "most" people get at some point in their life. It would be no different than any other stomach virus in children and adults, yet to unborn children it can be deadly. Once you have the virus you are immune. Being a teacher, and knowing what we know, I was tested last month. We got the results and while I am not infected, I am also not immune. So what can I do? Just stay clean. Doc recommended I just walk around with a bottle of sanitizer throughout the day using it as necessary, wash my hands as often as possible, and if a child is sick do not come in contact with him. So needless to say, my classroom will become a sanitation station for the remainder of the school year.

The other thing doc mentioned was my weight gain. He said he was surprised at how little I am gaining with having twins. And let me tell you not gaining weight is something I never thought I would hear anyone say to me... Well actually Josh and I have both mentioned it to one another. He told me the other day he needs to fatten me up. I told him this morning after I got weighed and had only gained 4 pounds (in 4 weeks) that doc would mention it. I told Doc I was eating, it was just little amounts many times throughout the day. This is because I get so hungry, but then I get so full after eating only a little. After I told him that he told me I was doing the right thing and that it was actually pretty normal not to be gaining a whole lot of weight at this point. Maybe he just wanted to see what my reaction was, or my explanation before he told me it wasn't a big deal. I'm still trying to figure that one out. He ended up saying that everything was good and that the weight will start catching up with me in the following months.

So another good appointment!!!! And my next appointment is actually scheduled with a "high-risk pregnancy" doctor, as all twin pregnancies are considered "high-risk." We will do an ultrasound at that appointment. Here's the issue I am having though.
My appointment is scheduled for April 6th at 12:30. This is the Monday AFTER spring break. And seeing how I have to be there at 12:30, there really is no reason for me to go to work that day having to leave at or before 12.
I don't mind taking the day from work and I have plenty of days, but with it being the Monday after spring break, I worry what my boss will say.
Not only that, but I am going to be out on that Tuesday the 7th for a training I have to do for work.
And then I have my appointment scheduled for my regular doc on Wednesday the 8th at 3:20, which isn't a big deal, I will just have to leave an hour early. But with being out two previous days and the week after spring break, I just don't know.
I tried to make the appointment for the week of spring break but they said I HAD to be at least 20 weeks.

Oh well, I will just have to talk with the boss, and explain the circumstances. She is pretty understanding when it comes to these things so hopefully it will be no different this time. And I can always come back with I never take off from work. Only when necessary. What can she really say? Not allow me to go? I don't think she can do that, can she?

Anyway, that's how my day has been, a good one. Enjoying the nice weather before it begins to storm tonight and then get cold again... :(

Hope everyone has a great night and a great rest of the week!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Everything will work out with your boss. If you have to be out Tuesday for training, it's probably easier on the kids if you just don't come back until Wednesday. Make sure you point that out too! Aren't you glad you have me??? (even though I forget to call you back...sorry!)
I love you!