THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 5, 2009

A spontaneous day off

So I am home at 10 in the morning. I decided yesterday around 2:30 that I was going to take a day for myself. I was just so tired and worn out. So, here I am. Sure I am getting a little caught up on that paper work that I was supposed to do Saturday, Of course I didn't finish it all. So I will finish today, since I have to since it's all do tomorrow.

Yeah, I still have the day off next Tuesday for the doctor's appointment. But it's just different to enjoy a day, by myself, relaxing and resting and taking it easy. I don't have to leave the house, and it may be a day where I stay in my pajamas all day!!!!

Everyone should do this for themselves once in a while. It took me about 5 and a half years to figure it out. This is the first day since I have been teaching that I have just taken off. I have always just said that it's not fair to my students, and some of them just don't deal with change very well. But in the past 4 months, I've realized that sometimes it's just what you have to do. You have to take care of yourself, and if that is sitting at home watchign tv and napping throughout the day, then I am going to do it.

So, if your feeling tired or stressed take a day. It's only 10:15 here and already I feel better than I have.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Aayden and Aarons Mommy said...

I'm so glad you took a day off for yourself! when I was working, I would do that once in a while as well. You really do just need it sometimes! Enjoy your day. =)

Jen said...

Good for you! Have fun watching reality TV! Love you!