THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Share a Smile

So my sister leaves a funny video every Saturday on her blog called Share a Smile Saturday. I had several different funny videos that I was trying to decide on for this week, and post through the link Mister Linky's. Yet I suddenly had a thought to do something else in honor of the upcoming NCAA basketball tournament. So next week I will share one of the videos that I had planned on using.

So my pick for this week really isn't funny unless you LOVE NCAA basketball and HATE University of Kentucky. So I will give you a quick summary:
Rick Pitino was the head coach at UK from 1989-1997.
He was admired and did great things with the UK team, and then left in 97 to coach in the NBA.
In 2001, when he decided to come back to college basketball, he chose to coach at UofL!!! Now, I have to admit that there were mixed feelings from UofL fans, me included, as our Beloved Denny Crum seemed to be pushed out of his coaching job.
Anyway, our feelings didn't come close to the UK fans who called Pitino a traitor and are still very hurt by him coming to coach for the RIVAL school.
Needless to say Pitino has gained the love of UofL fans, and still is hated by UK fans.

Anyway in 1992, UK was playing against Duke in the NCAA tournament and Christian Laettner won the game with a last second shot.. Ok, I'll show that too:


Now 16 years later Laettner and Pitino have paired up to do a commercial for Vitamin water that will air during this years NCAA tournament.
Like I said it's probably not going to be very funny if you are not interested in basketball, but it's hilarious to me and other non UK fans because UK fans here in the state are outraged with Pitino once again, and have found their hatred for him all over again!!! They are really mad, and saying that Pitino is just a horrible person for doing this commercial, once again calling him a traitor.

HELLO UK FANS... It's been 16 years, GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, here it is!!! Hope all you UofL fans that read my blog enjoy it!!!
r

BY THE WAY, I found out yesterday that a co-worker will be on America's Funniest Videos tomorrow night. It airs on ABC here at 7:00. All I know is that it has something to do with a fake rat or a fake snake. If you find the time, watch the show and see if you can figure out which one my co-worker is!! Her name is Tammy, in case the name is mentioned during the clip!!

UofL plays tonight against West Virgina. They are going for either full or partial Conference Champions. It's the last game of the regular season. There's lots of ways it could happen. If UofL wins tonight, and UCONN loses tonight we will be Champions on our own. But if UofL loses and PITT wins (against UCONN) then all three of these teams will be Co-Champions. Pretty interesting scenario, huh? I'll let you know what happens!!! Just in case you are curious!

Have a great weekend, I'm going to get Josh up to get out in the beautiful weather here. It's 70 degrees. HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Jen said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!